Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Hypothetical leaking gutter responsibility question
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

My neighbours guttering run’s partially along the front of my house (terraced) and into the hopper / downpipe.

The gutter is leaking from the 2 feet or so thats runs along my house (dripping down the front of the house – hence i need it sorting).

Which got me wondering, who is responsible for maintenance / repair of that section? Id argue the guttering isn’t mine, but it is over my property.

Im not envisaging any issues sorting this with said neighbour as we get on fine, but just wondered technically who the responsibility lay with.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Similar at ours. Neighbours guttering is attached to his house and drains his roof but is over my land. Don’t care who’s responsible but I go up the ladder, get sore fingers and swear and my neighbour supplied the replacement brackets. The cost of guttering is small so not worth arguing over.

Sounds like your guttering is attached to your house so your responsibility is my guess.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Hypothetical leaking gutter responsibility question’ is closed to new replies.