Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hypotetical question about where to ride.
  • juan
    Free Member

Lets says you are going to the most famous biking in UK during august (this one).
    Then lets says you plan to go to someone’s 35th in Scotland. So now, you can either fly for both event, or fly to the first one and then stay in the UK until the second and then fly back to France.

If you had 6 days to go from Scotland to hampshire, where would you stop for a day of riding?
    Where will you stay (try to bring the cost down on this one) and how would you travel (thinking of hiring a car as train will be a nightmare).

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Lakes or the Peak.

shortcut

I think i would do: Glentress, Innerleithen, Dalby Forest, Peak District and probably some riding in Wales. If I could squeeze in a ride at Kirroughtree or Dalbeattie en route south I would do that too!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

a ride or two in the lakes too!

cinnamon_girl

How about some natural trails Juan?

woody2000

If you’re trying to save cash, why don’t you ride down? Just a thought 😀

GW
    Free Member

what part of Scotland?

matt_outandabout

cinnamon_girl – Member

How about some natural trails Juan?

And by train – you can plan some really good adventures….

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Hunt around for accomodation, we are paying the princely sum of £12 for the night tomorrow night near Dolgellau in a Bunkhouse. Am sure you would be able to find similar all over the place.

juan
    Free Member

Well I was indeed looking for natural trail.
    It will be in edinburgh. And as I said I really can use the train as I will have to book in advance (not possible I am in france) and I might no be able to take my bike with me or even to understand the british pricing ticket (I know I know I am pants).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Borders – you have the trail centres and the “natural riding” there.

You can book trains from France I think? use http://www.thetrainline.com/default.asp

However no trains to the borders.

Plenty of good natural trails in the highlands but might be too much travelling

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m sure people on here will out you up for a night or two for some homemade tart or brownie 😉

juan
    Free Member

thomthumbs good idea 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yeah, work out a route and find stwers on that route to give you a night’s accomodation and a guided ride. some of them might even be friends of yours on facebook already.

juan
    Free Member

LOL
    I take it some off them liked the brownies then 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You should all know that said brownies are horrible. It would be best if you sent them on to me for, errr, ‘safe disposal’…….

8)

juan
    Free Member

Wasn’t the disposal of the wedding cake enough 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We couldn’t give it all away.

Some got wasted
    🙁

juan
    Free Member

Plus you might not need me anymore for the brownie 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan – if you are going to be in Edinburgh there is always the pentlands within a half hour ride of the city centre – not the most exciting riding in the world but a nice day out. An option if you are short of time or transport is tricky?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hypotetical question about where to ride.’ is closed to new replies.