Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hypnotherapy
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

Has anyone had experience of hypnosis as all or part of treatment for addiction?

(Feel free to insert images of Tony La Mesma too).

Thanks

damascus
    Free Member

What’s the addiction?

Mrs D went for a few sessions. I think it depends on the individual and how relaxed you are and how open to suggestion.

The best thing that came from it was a personalised CD with some relaxing techniques etc. Every now and then it pops on to my Ipod or phone when out cycling and I have to fast forward. I have visions of being brainwashed or falling asleep if I listen to it. 😁

IHN

Not addiction, but MrsIHN had it for fairly extreme phobias, and it was very effective.

andy4d

I tried it once but failed to ‘go under’ so can’t comment.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yes, Smoking. Haven’t smoked for 13 years.

Dickyboy

As per The DTs – an old college friend had it for smoking & stopped him straight away.

MoreCashThanDash

I know a cyclist who used it to overcome a fear of descending after a bad crash on a road ride. She’s gone from “getting off and walking” to “cautious”.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It helped me with problems I wasn’t aware I had. It didn’t help with the issues my wife said I had. Seems that I didn’t have them…

globalti
    Free Member

It will work if you want it to but if you’re a cynlical old beggar like me you will just go through the motions of being hypnotised to please the therapist.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It turned out that my extremely cynical  younger brother, after having declared hypnosis to be  “.. a lot of shite”, actually proved to be highly suggestible and an ideal candidate for a well known stage hypnotist.

I’m just sorry I wasn’t there to witness it in person.

boomerlives
    Free Member

There is a Science-Ish podcast about the reality of hypnosis, the ‘Get Out’ episode (Series3, ep23)

They discuss it from a sceptical standpoint and find it does work, if you have the right type of brain…

handybar
    Free Member

For work stress. It didnt’ work, I would be relaxed for about an hour after the session, but then the stress would kick back in.
    I think as above it depends if you can be truly “put under” or not; I couldn’t, but worth a try to see if you can be.
    Instead I’ve been a therapist and much of my reaction to stress comes from using the wrong kind of internal language – saying to myself “its a disaster”, rather than just “Its annoying”. Much of it came from having a strict upbringing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hypnotherapy’ is closed to new replies.