• This topic has 146 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Hype hype! Incoming! New standard alert
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Quite a claim!  i wonder what it can be

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/everything-else-is-history/

johnnystorm

Ultra-boost 162 x 12 hubs. Sorry to spoil the surprise.

bigblackshed

26er.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

So last week we had Super-Boost at 157mm x 12mm http://www.bikepacking.com/bikes/2019-salsa-horsethief/ now we may have ultra-boost at 162.

I wonder what will be next? Hmm, let’s see … 170mm. Wait! Hang on! Isn’t that like, err, a fat bike?

DezB
    Free Member

Change cycling forever! I call bullllshit 😆
    (not just mountain biking… ‘cycling’)

johnnystorm

Won’t be 170 next as that’s Fat QR. 170 TA is 177. It’ll be 167 MEGA-Boost first.

scotroutes

Hang on. It says that a change like this comes along once every 30 years. New axle standards are on one every 30 days at the moment.

scotroutes

And this will mean a return to 83mm BBs or is there a chance to cock that up too?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

exactly scotroutes. i mean the whole sport of mtb was invented 30 years ago wasnt it?

qwerty
    Free Member

Unicycle with freewheel.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Yes! Finally bring back cotter pin cranks!

theboatman
    Free Member

eBoost Plus+ MAX

FTW!

scotroutes

exactly scotroutes. i mean the whole sport of mtb was invented 30 years ago wasnt it?

matt_outandabout

By whom…? 🤭

Big-Bud
    Free Member

What we want is a none exposed drivetrain that functions and doesn’t weight a couple of kilos
    Likelihood it will be there new e bike

tomhoward

Nobody else see that massive pile of ironing in the corner?

colp

So last week we had Super-Boost at 157mm x 12mm

Didn’t Trek Sessions use 157mm rear?

nealglover
    Free Member

i wonder what it can be

Clickbait ?

ads678

By whom…? 🤭

I’m sure he’ll be along to tell us when he has a new book out….

PJay
    Free Member

They’re announcing it a day earlier in the States.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Graphene
    Regenerative e-bike

unovolo
    Free Member

From there website

The first Trek branded full carbon frame came in 1989

I’m guessing some wizardry new frame material, maybe something with Graphene.

Or some fancy pants handlebars with damping.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10189530

ampthill

My money’s on an ebike

pjm60
    Free Member

Maybe…

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10189530

A bicycle handlebar assembly that includes a body having at least two grip areas positioned for interaction with the hands of a rider. The grip portions or grip areas are preferably spaced apart by a center portion that secures the assembly to a bicycle steerer tube. A channel or detent is formed in the body proximate at least one, and preferably proximate each grip portion or grip area. A dampener formed of a different material than the body is disposed in the detent and dissipates at least a portion of vibration of the body to reduce vibrations communicated to the hands of the rider from handlebar vibration. An optional grip assembly cooperates with the handlebar assembly and is constructed to further dampen handlebar vibration.

samuelr
    Free Member

£1 bet. Its a new frame material. Hasn’t there been some sort of new aluminium alloy invented recently. Or that low cost titanium that was in the news a while ago. Maby carbotanium…

matt_outandabout

So suspension grips using elastomer ish stuff instead of a round handle bar?

scotroutes

A bicycle handlebar assembly that includes a body having at least two grip areas positioned for interaction with the hands of a rider. The grip portions or grip areas are preferably spaced apart by a center portion that secures the assembly to a bicycle steerer tube. A channel or detent is formed in the body proximate at least one, and preferably proximate each grip portion or grip area. A dampener formed of a different material than the body is disposed in the detent and dissipates at least a portion of vibration of the body to reduce vibrations communicated to the hands of the rider from handlebar vibration. An optional grip assembly cooperates with the handlebar assembly and is constructed to further dampen handlebar vibration.

Like the new Lauf bars then?

benpinnick

Id go with new composite tech (like graphene). Its 30 years since they launched their first carbon bike I believe.

kelvin

I was thinking it was a new material for clothing … but a new frame material is more likely, isn’t it.

otsdr
    Free Member

A bigger wheel whould be a game changer…

daver27
    Free Member

Given the fact that the background is green, I’m gonna say it’s some sort of recyclable carbon type material.

cookeaa

New Aero dropper post fitting standard…

kcr
    Free Member

The background photograph reminded me of that funny mesh frame that was manufactured a few years ago:

I’m sure somebody else made something similar as well.

mickmcd
    Free Member

threaded bottom brackets

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Obviously a bar mount for laser cannon in stealth black.

Northwind

I love my Remedy but Trek can’t be trusted with a standard so I reckon it’ll be some sort of bullshit

TheBrick
    Free Member

650C wheels slightly smaller than 650b

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Trek employee on MTBR

Let’s just say, it is something for everyone and it will change a standard that has been accepted for years. That is all I can and shall say until the 19th!

oh god no

matt_outandabout

Bigger diameter BB shell. We can then have internal BB back again, but threaded.

They haven’t meddled with spoke placing yet – spokes on sidewall of rim?

Pedal bolt diameter increase, for moar stiffness. (Snigger)

New cable diameter and material?

I-beam 2.0?

RustySpanner

Twin front wheels, Piaggio MP3/Yamaha Niken stylee.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Hype hype! Incoming! New standard alert’ is closed to new replies.