Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bathroom extractor fan advice
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

So the bathroom extractor fan has expired and I’m looking to upgrade when I replace it.
    The Manrose inline ones (e.g. the MF100 and the MF125) look like they should do the job.
    What appear to be identical fans seem to be available on ebay but for much less e.g. the MF125 for £35 rather than £80

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/MANROSE-MF125S-STANDARD-EXTRACTOR-MIXEDFLOW/dp/B00ALWJ23I

Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydroponic-Grow-Room-Fan-Tent-In-Line-Air-Extractor-for-Carbon-Filter-Duct-5-/111094780921?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Any reason I shouldn’t get the ebay one?
    Both say they are the MF125

granny_ring

Don’t know about that type of fan but got our 4″ timer manrose fan from screwfix for not a lot of money, on our 2nd one now 1st one lasted about 3 years.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not sure about the ebay one but I fitted a Manrose inline fan and it’s very good indeed.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have found man rose ones last about three years too. My latest one is just starting to die too!

bruneep

my cheapo proline fan been on the go for 15yrs now.

thats the kiss of death for it now. 😐

JRTG
    Free Member

Just fitted a silent vent axia one from screwfix, now I can hear myself think while having a bath. Defo worth it and more than makes up for its slightly asthmatic air flow rate.

rwamartin
    Free Member

The ebay fan says now with a uk plug. Are they grey imports?

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Not sure about whether or not it’s an import, but I decided that the ebay one was worth a punt and ordered.

Shipped out quickly (but via DPD who have a history of throwing my deliveries over the neighbour’s fence).

Email invoice/receipt is from Fantronix, who appear to have a website outside of ebay which is reassuring.

Fingers crossed!

juanking

I’ve used Fantronix before and bought exactly the the same fan for our ensuite. Fitted it about 2 years ago now and works a treat. Just make sure all the connections and joints are solid and if the vent runs through a very cold roof space don’t forget about a trap and/or insulation.

theflatboy
    Free Member

This place is so useful, I will be purchasing one of the above later as well – our existing fan bit the bullet after about 1.5 years. 😡

globalti
    Free Member

They don’t last very long, do they?

theflatboy
    Free Member

We were surprised, I have to say. I guess its running a fair bit, but even still…

juanking

Quick question, does anyone know where you can buy ‘nice’ ceiling vents/inlets? They seem to be all coloured plastic grilles which are pretty nasty looking so anyone got any suggestions? Ta

I_Ache
    Free Member

Our fan just died and was a bit crap anyway. I didn’t realise how simple these things are. I guess I will be in the loft trying to find what size ours is and hope that it is on a plug.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom extractor fan advice’ is closed to new replies.