Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hydraulic Hose Compatibility Hope Content
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Got a kink in the brake hose so it needs replaced. Thinking of replacing with a braided hose to avoid this happening again. Currently I have Hope E4 brakes and I know all the fittings are reusable but are they compatible between  the standard hose and the braided hose?

Thinking of replacing it with this Jagwire hose, will the fittings be compatible?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jagwire-Mountain-Pro-Hose-Kit/dp/B003RLHWTQ/ref=cts_sp_2_vtp

Thanks

timoth27

I think the hope hose is 5mm for the plastic so this should work as in your link it says it is 5mm aswell.

Stevet1
    Free Member

The only difference is the shroud nut, if you use goodridge 6mm braided hose you will need a new shroud nut to suit. I don’t know about the jagwire stuff.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The only difference is the shroud nut

This used to be the difference between the two hope hoses, because the braided was a wider O/D.

It is no longer the case though. New Hope braided hose is now the same OD as non-braided, which means that all fittings are fully interchangeable, including the shroud nut.

You only now need the wider shroud nut if you’re using the old braided hose.

Short answer = buy the new Hope braided hose and all your old fittings will be reusable from your existing non-braided set-up.

timoth27

I dident know that about the new hope hoses so thanks.

richwales

stick with normal hoses – braided are a pig to work with.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I didn’t know that about the new hope hoses…

neither did I, until I placed an order last month for braided hose and replacement (wider) shrouds, only to find that the shrouds were no longer necessary because the new hose is 5mm o/d, same as the non-braided.

braided are a pig to work with

Depends… braided is much less rigid. I find it works better than non-braided if you’ve got tight radius bends around the rear caliper, for example. Also, it was admittedly a pain having to strip the outer coating off the old 6mm, to get the olive on. You don’t need to do that anymore as the olive goes over the outer now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hydraulic Hose Compatibility Hope Content’ is closed to new replies.