Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hydraulic grx lever travel
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

I can’t get my rear brake to the bite point before the lever hits the bars. I have bled them several times and adjusted the the lever travel. It’s ok with a bleed block I
    but doesn’t seem to auto adjust for the pads and the lever travels too far as a result.

Any ideas?

iainc

I had same with mine, just the front, oddly. I couldn’t fix it despite various bleeds, however LBS managed to improve it substantially.

Daffy

There’s still air in the system.

I had this just last week. Tie the lever to the bar and elevate the front of the bike so that the reservoir is much higher than the hose which goes under the bar tape. Leave it for a few hours. Then drop the bike and open the reservoir cap. Flick the lever a few times, and top up the reservoir. It should all work. You may even get a little hiss of air as you open the cap.

prezet
    Free Member

I had to bleed mine loads to get any kind of decent bite point – although it still feels like there’s lots to lever travel before it eventually bites on mine.

Also has anyone found their hood covers stretch very easily and don’t go back to shape?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Also has anyone found their hood covers stretch very easily and don’t go back to shape?

Yep.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve heard that as well. The advice was to only flip the covers forward when taping the shifters, not the rest of the bar.

prezet
    Free Member

Did the elastic band on the lever trick and a whole bunch of air came out! Super solid feeling levers now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hydraulic grx lever travel’ is closed to new replies.