Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hydration bladder repair?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Have people had much luck with patching leaks in Camelbak or other bladders?

My nice new Hydrapak bladder has sprung a couple of tiny leaks, and I’d love to repair rather than replace it. Duck tape definitely doesn’t get me anywhere.

Send us your reckons… 🙂

proutster
    Free Member

You say it’s new, so it shouldn’t be wear and tear, so Camelbak’s lifetime guarantee’s got to be worth a try Clicky

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure I injured it by walloping it to break up a block of ice, sadly. It’s definitely negligent/idiotic damage rather than a manufacturing defect 😀

carlos
    Free Member

Tubeless or normal tube patch?

Duct tape has worked for me before now, maybe they’ve changed the texture of the bladder outer

coatesy
    Free Member

Don’t know what type of plastic it is, or how it’d react to it, but the old man has had good results in the past by sandwiching some plastics between foil, and running a soldering iron over them to form a weld.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve repaired one in the past with a park glueless patch. Lasted for the rest of the life of the bladder.

Speshpaul

Superglue has worked foe me in the past.

scaredypants

I’m fairly sure I injured it by walloping it to break up a block of ice

😀
    Clearly no sharp tool was involved ! 😛

spot
    Free Member

drop of seam seal should work.

kiwijohn

Waterproof jacket repair tape is holding the water in mine.

jca

and give it a good shake. About 10 bottles should do it…

RustyMac

Camelbak’s lifetime guarantee has been excellent for me in the past, we had an old bottle (like the eddy but an original one) and the straw collapsed so contacted to try and source a spare part. They were no longer made and they advised i would need a whole new lid as the new straw was a bigger OD. Two days later the UK distributor emailed me for my address and sent out a new lid, straw and bite valve FOC.

I’d say be honest with them, they mad advise on a suitable repair or sort you out.

smashit
    Free Member

Camelbak warranty is all good but the OP has a Hydrapak bladder!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have applied Lezyne self-adhesive patches. This seems to work for the moment, although it looks pretty stupid because the patches are black and say “Lezyne” on them.

🙂

votchy
    Free Member

I’ve repaired one in the past with a park glueless patch. Lasted for the rest of the life of the bladder

+1

votchy
    Free Member

I’ve repaired one in the past with a park glueless patch. Lasted for the rest of the life of the bladder

+1

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hydration bladder repair?’ is closed to new replies.