Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hybrid Saddle
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi

So recently got a giant roam hybrid bike and feel the saddle is abit uncomfortable and causing some sciatic pain which I’ve never experienced with rock hard saddles. Can anyone recommend a saddle that’s comfortable and supportive that may help.

Thanks
    Tom

matt_outandabout

I assume you have played with the angle and height of it? I find a couple of degrees wrong and it can irritate my sciatic…

If not, head to a local shop to get measured. Many saddle companies now do a 30 or 60 day money back guarantee – so choose a shop with this.

igm

Are you more or less leant over the bars than on other bikes?

I agree with the above about saddle angle (and it’s free) but if you’re more sat up on a hybrid then generally you’ll need a slightly wider saddle than if you’re down low over bars on up TdF spec road bike. Roughly.

But you get what mean.  Look at your normal position and saddles and work from there.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hmmm if I’m totally honest I haven’t played with saddle height or angle I should have a play 1st. Is there a rule of thumb with saddle height and angle. My local bike shop set saddle height but then I got abit of knee pain so changed it knee pain is sorted which is good.

Thanks
    Tom

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Ever tried a Selle SMP, with their quirky shape and generally greater overall support?

I grabbed a £37 Extra from Amazon ~18 months, the TRK is £40 there currently.

Very odd that Amazon links always get replaced here with pic of item, as if clickable link, but then does not connect because Kindle preview isn’t available.

matt_outandabout

Tom – did you raise or lower the saddle from the shop?

Worth a watch of a few saddle fit videos and a play. I find I can get a new bike and have to just deliberately tilt it ‘too far’ and ride a few mins down the road, then stop and adjust. Repeat until comfy.

covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi Matt

I didn’t alter the tilt i just adjusted the height up abit with out looking i cant remember how much but it wasnt much and took away all the knee pain. Im gonna watch the video and have a play.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.