Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hutchinson Griffus Anyone?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

As title…

Anyone riding with these and if so thoughts?

Just got some 30mm rims and want to try something bigger than the 2.3 DHF’s i’ve currently got.

mudfish

DHR2 WT

ajantom

Or a Highroller 2.5 WT – got one on my 29er, and it’s chunky, grippy, and pretty fast rolling.

Kamakazie

I’ve got a 2.4 on the back of mine. I like Hutchinson tyres anyway (big fan of the Toro as a year round front tyre, just wish they did a 2.6 29er), but am still really happy with this.

They’ve got the weight v strength bob on for a rear imo.
    Unfortunately, it looks like they only do the 2.5 now so by the time this needs replacing, I might not be able to get a replacement. 2.4 is tight as it is in my frame.

Oh, it’s mounted on a 35mm ID rim and still has a nice rounded profile so they are certainly pretty large volume tyres.

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ve gone for them. I like something a bit different.

Kamakazie – they still seem to be doing the 2.4 Griffus? It’s on the site and available in shops.

Kamakazie

The Hutchinson site? I only spotted the 2.5 but knew shops still had the 2.4 in and just assumed they still had stock.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I also took the plunge a few weeks ago on the 2,4″ (27.5) for the rear. I liked the weight and the sidewalls felt more robust than a Maxxis EXO. I was worried it might feel a little draggy compared to a dual compound Maxxis but it doesn’t. It also blows up big, true to size unlike Maxxis tyres. On the first few rides it felt good, first impressions is that it is a good all-rounder. Unfortunately last week I put a hole in the sidewall on a not particularly rocky bit of trail. I’m not sure how it happened and it put a tiny nick in my rim that now doesn’t seal. I need to have a proper look and try and fix it. I’ve patched the tyre, hopefully it was just unlucky.

scandal42
    Free Member

Turns out the shop didn’t actually have stock so I won;t be getting these now.

Gone with some Kenda Hellkats

**** yea

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hutchinson Griffus Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.