Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hurt Locker DVD – avoid!
  • Flaperon

I notice that with some irony the producers of Hurt Locker are suing a number of people who pirated the movie.

This is ironic because I just bought the DVD and find myself sitting through over 15 minutes of UNSKIPPABLE trailers and adverts for other crap that I have no interest in watching. It's even more galling that if I had pirated the f****** movie I'd have been watching it 20 minutes ago.

In fact, I worked out that on a 50Mb cable internet connection I could have downloaded the full DVD rip and started watching it before the adverts on the proper DVD finished.

It's going back to the shop [major supermarket] tomorrow. I've lost interest in watching it and instead want to have an argument with someone. Now it's been removed from the box, it's going to have to be returned to the distributor, hopefully saving some other poor sap from experiencing the same tedium.

No idea what the movie's like. However, I'd recommend against buying the DVD.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I hired it from Lovefilm and was able to skip right to the move. When I did it was bloody brilliant

samuri
    Free Member

Aren't all DVD's like this though? You *have* to watch a video about piracy which is irony of the highest order since the only people who will ever see it are those who've put their hands in their pockets.

Moreso, as the OP has deducted, forcing people to watch things they don't want to, is only more likely to make them turn to piracy.

If you get a ripped DVD, it'll start with the film. Not some overbearing eduflick that thinks people can't understand the difference between theft and piracy.

Jamie
    Free Member

toppers3933
    Free Member

you didn't miss much by not watching it. nothing special i didn't think. not the worst film i've ever watched by a long way, but far from the best. i managed to fast forward all the adverts on my love film copy but couldn't skip it. disney do it too. you have to sit through about 20mins of ads on them before you get to the film. by which point its usually back in the box and i'm watching something else.

big_scot_nanny

you may have the option to download on iTunes, as these IME all go straight to the movie.

Kev

Andituk
    Free Member

😀

jon1973
    Free Member

It does seem a bit stoopid that the only people who have to sit through the anti-piracy ad are the people who have a legitimate copy of the film.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hurt Locker DVD – avoid!’ is closed to new replies.