Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hurricane over house!
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

Just had a Hurricane fly over the house slow & low, make a banking turn and come back over again. I’ve seen plenty of Spits and the Lancaster a few times outside airshows, but never a Hurricane (apparently. 6 airworthy in UK)

Had a Spitfire performing a display just down the road the other day to celebrate a ex RAF Spit mechanics 99th birthday, and the week previous he had the Lancaster and one Spit fly over on the way somewhere (again, nice and low).

druidh
    Free Member

Warming up for Leuchars tomorrow?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

In King’s Lynn?

He/she can’t have been going far at all, I think they only fly in daylight hours.

My best guess has to be RAF Marham.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The RAFs BBMF page doesn’t show any Hurricane movements for today, so I’m guessing perhaps it came from one of the companies based at Duxford.

grantway
    Free Member

Nice info and buy the ex mechanic a pint 😉

mintimperial

Completely by chance I saw the only airworthy Lancaster in the UK as it flew over our village last weekend. I was sure I must have been mistaken at first, but I looked it up online and it turned out that it was indeed airborne and on the way to Blackpool via our area. Very impressive, even when a good few thousand feet up in the air. 😀

grahamh
    Free Member

nothing like the sound of a Merlin. 8)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nlGN6aS8g[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hurricane over house!’ is closed to new replies.