Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hurray for me – commute content……
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

YAY – Having not ridden the length of myself for months I finally fished the bike out and ended months of procrastination, excuses and pointless peeing about to do my first commute yesterday – 8 miles each way Marsden to Huddersfield via the canal 8)

Gave myself a double pat on the back for doing the inbound trip at lunchtime (start delayed by a trip to the doctors) when I could have just worked from home…

Trip in was great – going down the locks 😆
    Trip back up the best part of 40 locks was a bit tougher but hey, we’ll get used to it 😯

Totally knackered at the end of the day and the fact I have established I have an infected testicle 😯 (hence the doctors trip…apparently a bit of a ‘hangover’ from having the snip) meant it was not the most comfortable ride so I have opted to take the train today….

So, I plan to start doing every other day, building that up to 4 days (weds is a none starter), once i’m comfortable with that i’ll maybe look at improving journey times, especially on the way home…

retro83
    Free Member

infected testicle

those are two words I never want to hear together!

Good effort on commuting with that going on!

Pook

What’s your testicle infected with?

😕

yossarian
    Free Member

infected testicle is great name for a band

AndyP
    Free Member

Great stuff. Now you just need to work in a detour to the Sair on the way home..:)

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yossarin – bizarrely enough I also thought that…..

Andy P – have not been in there for many a year – and I don’t fancy that short sharp climb…. besides, tis only the most minor of detours to the Riverhead…. That said, i do plan to start detouring so I guess its worth popping into the sair by way of investigating riding on that side of the valley 8)

Dunno what the infection is – had the snip about 12 months ago and have had the odd bout of tenderness since, got to be too tender the other day so I booked in with the quack… I now have a months worth of antibiotics to take, apparently the blood flow to the old plumbs is not great, hence 2 tabs a day for a month…

Felt ok when I set off, only took the odd jolt to make me wonder if it was such as good idea but i hit the MTFU button and rode on….. siffice as to say I did not sleep too well last night……one lives, one learns…. 😯

thomthumb
    Free Member

infected testicle is great name for a cocktail 😀

MoreCashThanDash

“I’ll have “S3x on the Beach” followed by an “Infected Testicle””….

ozzybmx
    Free Member

Mate we are more worried about balls than you riding , we all ride … but dont have infected testicles :mrgreen:

marsdenman
    Free Member

swadey – not quite – its S3x on the Beach, followed by an Organ Grinder, followed by and Infected Testicle…. 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hurray for me – commute content……’ is closed to new replies.