Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hunt trailwide hub service,,, how?
  • oreetmon
    Free Member

Need info on how to service them I may have missed it but can’t seem to find it on hunt site, YouTube etc.

250miles/2mnths old and the free hub (pawls/ratchet?) started skipping under power last night on the way home.

Last week I found that the end caps had loosened after a couple of wet night rides and I’m hoping that a bit of Shoite has got in and it just needs a clean.

Hopefully sort the problem myself rather than mess about sending wheel back under warranty.

Any advice much appreciated

joebristol

That new I think I’d probably warranty it

oreetmon
    Free Member

True, but,
    I’m concerned that it may be dismissed as user error.

If end caps loosening has caused ingress of shoite then it could be argued that it is my fault.

If I can service it and all is well then it’s a problem avoided.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

They’re just rebadged Novatec hubs, IIRC, so if you search for how to service those you might find something.

JP

mashr

End caps shouldn’t loosen though. Hunt are very good for CS, ping them a FB message now and you might even get a response by the time you head for a snooze!

oreetmon
    Free Member

Just figured out how to dismantle hub, it’s not looking good.

Have pinged hunt, will up date after contact.

I don’t do Facebook.

dirkpitt74

A mate had the freehub fail on his Hunt wheels.
    Hunt sorted it quickly when they looked at the hub as it had a manufacturing defect.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hunt trailwide hub service,,, how?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.