• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Hunt Sprint Aero road bike wheel upgrade
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Musing over a new pair of wheels for my road bike. I currently have a pair of Xero rim brake wheels, these are from around 2005 iirc. They have been a fine pair and tbh still have a bit of life left in them rim wise. I am starting to get a bit of flex in them though, any out the saddle efforts garner a bit of rub. A bit of fettling and tensioning might see them ok but I have saw the Hunt sprint aero wide wheelset. These would save a few grams, no doubt be a bit stiffer, can be converted to tubeless, are a bit wider so would give a tiny bit more girth to the tyre (limited clearance). They’d also work a treat on an old Colnago frame I have when I eventually move over to a disc braked road bike.

I guess my question is has anyone ridden the Hunts? Or has anyone recently upgraded an older wheelset for something newer and felt it was worthwhile. I’m probably just looking for that final nudge over the line, then again I’ve been favouring my charge plug with 35mm marathons over the road bike for the last couple of years. Maybe its time to give up the old standards and embrace the new.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Hunt Sprint Aero road bike wheel upgrade’ is closed to new replies.