Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hunt 4seasons side to side play
  • joebristol

I’ve got some Hunt 4seasons road wheels on my road bike. Bought quite a while ago – think maybe March 2018 – I think that makes them mk1 wheels – it looks like the freehubs changed on the MK2.

I haven’t had the wheels on the bike in a while as it’s been on the turbo since Feb – when I fitted it to the bike today with a new cassette and chain I noticed the rear hub has a bit of side to side play. The cassette and freewheel seem fine / still tight – the play seems to be in the main hub body.

Is there an adjustment on these hubs to take out play (like the Erase components hub I have on another bike) or does this mean the bearings have had it and I need to change them?

If that – any idea what kind of tools I’ll need to do it? Can it be bodged with sockets / a screwdriver / a mallet or do I need to invest in some kind of bearing press etc? I already have a bb30 sort of tool and also a headset press setup – both a bit eBay / budget – I assume the hub bearings are smaller than both of those.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Endcaps loosened on their threads?

joebristol

Been doing a bit of Googling since posting and you could be right. Looks like I need a 5mm Allen key and 17mm spanners to loosen / tighten the non drive side end cap. Will have a go tomorrow and see if that’s it. If not it must either be bearings or a problem with the axle I guess. It looks like quite a simple hub setup.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swdan
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d say the end caps were loose. I recently swapped my 4 seasons for qr to 12mm and in doing so didn’t do one up fully as only had one 17mm spanner. Noticed it was wobbling before putting on the bike. Managed to find a second spanner in a old tool box so all sorted now and no issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hunt 4seasons side to side play’ is closed to new replies.