Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Hundreds of dead baby girls have been found in Pakistani rubbish dumps
  • rene59
    Free Member

STW linkbot?

wwaswas

Could the OP get a Twitter account?

johndoh
    Free Member

I have reported to the mods – judging by all the clickbait posts the OP has just published I think the account has been compromised.

kilo

Doesn’t seem like clickbait more stories detailing male privilege. Is it a follow up to one of the previous Jordan McLobster threads or the like

DezB
    Free Member

Tuesday 1 May 2018

DezB
    Free Member

I have reported to the mods – judging by all the clickbait posts the OP has just published I think the account has been compromised.

3 on page 1 with just links to OMG! stories. I hope it’s a bot.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Right, that’s me told. Must not post on singletrack unless the topic is about men.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I have reported to the mods – judging by all the clickbait posts the OP has just published I think the account has been compromised

Why ‘clickbait’? Just three stories about the relentless shitty treatment of women and girls

wwaswas

Using the deaths of babies to make a point in a forum.

Classy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s quite a common occurrence in the UK too. A body was found in a rubbish dump in Bradford a while back. Bodies are pulled out of the river Aire too.

DezB
    Free Member

Must not post on singletrack unless the topic is about men

Yeah, that’s the issue.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Just three stories about the relentless shitty treatment of women and girls

Well not really. In the one about the Surrogate mother the losers were the Couple who lost their child and the boy who will be brought up in abject poverty by people who aren’t his parents.

The surrogate mother seemed relatively happy about the situation.

beej

Posting links without any comment or opinion is generally frowned upon. If you’d posted and given a view like “it’s astonishing that there are still cultures where women and girls are seen as having so little value that they are killed and dumped, does anyone have any informed experience around this”, then you wouldn’t have been accused of being a bot and you might have started an interesting discussion.

funkmasterp

Why ‘clickbait’? Just three stories about the relentless shitty treatment of women and girls

Just a link, no other information other than title to grab attention. Pretty much the definition of clickbait.

If you’d opened with “found this story in the metro blah, blah” that would’ve been slightly different.

Edit – ROI slow, more eloquent explanation above 😕

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Well not really. In the one about the Surrogate mother the losers were the Couple who lost their child and the boy who will be brought up in abject poverty by people who aren’t his parents.

The surrogate mother seemed relatively happy about the situation.

Honestly, that’s what you got out of the article. Not, the exploitation of the poor and vulnerable?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Backwards hell hole of a country, being a “backwards hell hole” shock

ton

I was gonna say similar. but I would have been labelled a racist if I had.

agree tho rob.

Drac

Maybe put some context in your posts instead of the “OMG! I can’t believe what happened next, watch as these celebrities at how these  look now, while they show this unbelievable life hack” shocker headlines.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Honestly, that’s what you got out of the article. Not, the exploitation of the poor and vulnerable?

Yup.

IMHO, the order of pity I feel is:

1) The boy who will be brought up in abject poverty by people who aren’t his parents.

2) His parents, who’s son will be a total stranger to them.

3) The Thai couple.

Having an adopted child forced on you is by far the least bad of those three situations IMHO.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

It’s quite a common occurrence in the UK too. A body was found in a rubbish dump in Bradford a while back. Bodies are pulled out of the river Aire too

Bodies of baby girls?

Marin
    Free Member

Pakistan is on my mental list of places I’d love to go and climb. Not sure it’ll ever happen though.

DezB
    Free Member

Honestly, that’s what you got out of the article.

Funny, you challenging someone on what they got out of one of your posted links. Very funny.

johnx2
    Free Member

But you’ll never guess what happened next…

mikey74
    Free Member

So, the OP posts a link to a story about a possible systematic killing of girls and all people can complain about is that the OP didn’t offer some kind of twitter-esque soundbite? Jeez! Some people need to pull their heads out of their assess.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pakistan is on my mental list of places I’d love to go and climb

A list you keep in your mind or a list of places that you think would be mental?

Drac

So, the OP posts a link to a story about a possible systematic killing of girls and all people can complain about is that the OP didn’t offer some kind of twitter-esque soundbite? Jeez! Some people need to pull their heads out of their assess.

No quite the opposite they’re complaining as he posted a clickbait headline without any context or they’re own thoughts, again.

wwaswas

the OP posts a link to a story about a possible systematic killing of girls

As a part of a series of post designed to ‘prove’ that stw only allows posts about men suffering or something.

If the OP had felt very stongly they’d have posted a thread a year ago when the story broke.

Instead they’ve chose now to use it – not because of what it represents but to make a point, no commentary no personal insight just ‘read this and then tell me stw isn’t full of toxic masculinity suckers!”.

As chesap shots go it’s pretty cheap, hence the focus of the reaction to it.

rene59
    Free Member

Some people call this after-birth abortion and argue that if the same conditions that would allow a healthy foetus be aborted exist post birth then abortion should be allowed after-birth as well. This is called after-birth abortion rather than infanticide as the status of the child being killed is no more than that of a foetus.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Maybe Pakistan needs stop assigning gender at birth. Many of the baby girls might have been boys born in the wrong body.

kcr
    Free Member

The article does point out that there are a number of Pakistani organisations fighting against this practice. There are a lot of poor, uneducated people who still consider baby girls to be an encumbrance, but it’s not a universal viewpoint.

Worth noting that the West is not so far away from some pretty dreadful treatment of unwanted babies. Have a read up on the selling of illegitimate babies by the Church in Northern Ireland and the Republic in the 20th century, and the hundreds of skeletons discovered in a septic tank at Tuam orphanage and mass graves elsewhere Children who were perhaps not murdered, but allegedly looked after very poorly, and suffered abnormally high death rates.

DezB
    Free Member

mikey74

And apart from something about donkeys*, what are you offering?
    *or did you mean some kind of evaluation?

theotherjonv

It’s quite a common occurrence in the UK too. A body was found in a rubbish dump in Bradford a while back. Bodies are pulled out of the river Aire too.

I’ve spent many a happy evening in Bradford, backwards hell-hole or not.

Marin
    Free Member

Both perchypanther both.

funkmasterp

Maybe Pakistan needs stop assigning gender at birth. Many of the baby girls might have been boys born in the wrong body.

Is this a poor joke or are you being serious? Either way is pretty bad tbh.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Is this a poor joke or are you being serious

Why would you think this is a joke?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Many of the baby girls might have been boys born in the wrong body.

Which completely undermines your point. It wasn’t girls being mistreated, it was people whos gender can never be known. You suggest “many” of them could have been boys, in fact.

tomhoward

I just assumed that the OP was celebrating what the stories were saying, as no opinions were offered.

Nice OP, nice.

funkmasterp

Why would you think this is a joke?

Because this issue doesn’t exist in every other country which it would if we followed your logic. If you want to start using terms to your advantage I’ll think you’ll find it’s the biological sex of the infants, as opposed to gender, that is the root cause of this heinous act.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bodies of baby girls?

Yes baby girls dumped in the rubbish or chucked in the river.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.