Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HUMP signal jacket…… anyone here got one ?
  • banjax34
    Free Member

wondering what its like ? softshell or hardshell ? any good ? need something that will do for commute and trail, was looking at altura mayhem and stumbled across this

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I came up with the name “Hump” for the original product, as well as developing the original product idea. Seems crazy seeing it now as a brand.

It was named after a road sign at Salisbury railway station, which was originally under one of the image signs showing a speed hump, but the image sign had gone, leaving just a sign saying “Hump”. Always found that funny, and it worked with the idea of a humpback. One earlier name that was bandied about was the “Quasi”. Decided against that. 😀

banjax34
    Free Member

any idea on the fabric used for the jacket ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Alas no, have had nothing to do with the original brand owners since about 2001. Sorry!

Since Madison bought the name, they seem to have done some good stuff with it, though. Clearly going after Altura’s NightVision range with it.

snownrock

Go outdoors carry them in stock if you want to look at one. Quality seems very good.

wordnumb
    Free Member

One earlier name that was bandied about was the “Quasi”. Decided against that.

Free bell with every order?

Lummox

I’ve got the new gilet, made from a pertex type material.

Very visible and lightweight however the zip is pants, if they’ve used the same zip on the jackets I’d avoid until they swap that out.

Jacket certainly looks nice though, check out the new dhb commuter stuff too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Free bell with every order?

Don’t be silly. Who would have suggested something like that? 😳

😀

banjax34
    Free Member

thanks for all the feedback guys

scaredypants

Boo, I’m not buying their jacket until they call it the “dry hump”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scaredy, it may come as no surprise that my original concept was a waterproof version. And yes, that joke did the rounds. 🙂

snownrock

FYI cheapest place to buy would be go outdoors price match against ukbikestore, 10% off their £59.95 price.

The cheaper jacket without the hood (strobe) is £51.95 at koo bikes, minus £5 if you sign up for their newsletter first.

I am getting one myself so have been looking

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HUMP signal jacket…… anyone here got one ?’ is closed to new replies.