Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Huh, so an old dog CAN learn new tricks
  • big_scot_nanny

Well, not tricks per se, but new skills. I’m an experienced biker, pretty mince-core but I can get down most stuff and love a bermy jumpy rattle as much as a folk in front of me 😉

However, this morning, took it upon myself to try and steer more with my hips. Wow, amazing. Genuinely, what a remarkable difference. Go figure. All these years… Etc etc

Anyone else acquired a new easily learnable skill recently?

I think my three favourites before today were: heels down, look as a far ahead as possible (at where you want to go, not what you’re trying to avoid), and elbows in, thumbs on top, when climbing.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yep, I learned this on a skills course but still not got it down as natural yet, so still have to think about it when I do it especially on faster trails, but when I do it’s really effective, especially on flat corners and bends – really increases your grip.

The skill i’ve almost cracked after many months is the elusive wheely! I’m nearly there – I can do about 50m or so but seem to loose it and end up leaning too far forward and having to increase speed to keep the front up. But feeling like i’m on the cusp of cracking it. A useless skill in terms of practical use out on the trail,but good fun all the same.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Huh, so an old dog CAN learn new tricks’ is closed to new replies.