Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Huge Upset Brewing At Wimbledon….
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Nadal is two sets down.

ElShalimo

already break down in the 3rd
    oh dear

portlyone

My mum will not be happy

sugdenr
    Free Member

Where’s Trenton Oldfield when you need him?

*did you see what I did there?*

…i’ll leave the thread now, before the Mods deport me from STW

glupton1976
    Free Member

2-0 down in third set.

boxelder

Thought they’d run out of Pimms

scotroutes

Cold turkey anyone?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

scotroutes: I’ve heard what you appear to be implying mentioned a few times in connection with Nadal. Is there any evidence to back it up or is it all internet gossip?

sugdenr
    Free Member

scotroutes: I’ve heard what you appear to be implying mentioned a few times in connection with Nadal. Is there any evidence to back it up or is it all internet gossip?

Woah there tiger – you want actual hard evidence to support an STW opinion/assertion??? Good lord man, get a grip.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nadal is clearly injured.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I’m a bit naïve / German, spell it out for me?

scotroutes

I was just suggesting something to go with the cucumber sandwiches.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Clearly his blood bag isn’t working! yes there is evidence he has worked with Fuentes .. who also states he didn’t just work with cyclists during the doping era but tennis players and footballers!

See the drugs don’t work … Come on Darcis…

uwe-r
    Free Member

O’h, I thought it would be some weird sex thing with cold meats, must be cos I’m German.

aracer
    Free Member

Nadal is clearly still injured.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nadal is clearly still injured.

Or injured. I’m not convinced its his knee that is causing the problem.

aracer
    Free Member

Anybody for a cup – brew is ready?

Daffy

Jesus – didn’t see that coming…

mikey3
    Free Member

jesus see’s everything coming.

crikey
    Free Member

That’s why he said to his disciples ” Don’t eat my Easter Eggs, I’ll be back in a bit”

athgray
    Free Member

After glancing at Crikeys link written like that, I thought tennis had an asteroid problem.
    Maybe Scotroutes is saying that he has watched too much tennis recently and is trying to give it up.

scotroutes

Bruce Willis will be along shortly to resolve that problem

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

First competitive match on grass since last year.

Not too smart really – such a big difference in the surface from clay, and the grass hasn’t dried out yet.

Strange that Nadal is equally built up on both sides of his body if he doesn’t do weights, or does he do some other form of workout – like kettle bells.

Only thing is that the way he plays is very physically demanding and you would have thought that he would have been playing somewhat like since being a kid, before he would have been exposed to the possibility of steriod/drug abuse.

His knee problems were to be expected from his style, a bit like Tiger Woods and his old swing.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Also there has been a history of very strong spanish players, something to do with playing on the clay with very long rallies.

martinhutch

I remember hearing commentators saying at the beginning of Nadal’s career that his playing style – lots of explosive power in his running and turning – was a recipe for injuries later in his career. Compared with Federer, who is a lot smoother and economical in his running, you can see their point.

Northwind

That blog’s terrible: “Nadal was given an out of competition drug test according to ITF records (these records do not tell whether a player tested positive or negative).” As if the only outcome from a positive would be a note in ITF records! Attempts to muddy clear waters. No action = no positive.

Rafa can be a wee bit of a drama queen but there’s reasonable explanations for that, when you’re not doing well it’s nice to have a reason- whether real or not, whether you believe it or not. And as a hugely succesful athlete in a sport with many top end events, not turning up for every one shouldn’t be suspicious.

Not saying there’s not some room for suspicion, mind. But as the blog goes on and he’s had enough of evidence-free drugs accusations, he moves onto accusations of unsportsmanlike behaviour and it becomes pretty obvious it’s really just “I don’t like this person”

crikey
    Free Member

It raises the issue, and I think there is one.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well we know some tennis players have been at it, so which ones?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Huge Upset Brewing At Wimbledon….’ is closed to new replies.