Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Huge lightweight tyres?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Does anyone make a 2.5" tyre that isn't a lardy DH beast?
    I fancy something big and fat to get a bit more float over the snow (and I can't afford/justify a Pugsley). Thinking of something along the lines of a Conti Diesel, but they don't seem to make the lighter folding version any more.

jobbyheid
    Free Member

2.4 Advantages.. Very roomy tyre, snow will be gone by the time the postie's out to deliver though surely?

coastkid
    Free Member

conti 2.5 diesel….

lunge

Second the ADvantage. I have the 2.25 and that is huge, the 2.4 will certainly be on the large side. Good tyre for general trail use as well.

matthew_h
    Free Member

3rd the 2.4 Advantages. Great tyres, probably my favourite tyre I've ever used. They are very big though. Pretty tall carcass.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Racing Ralph 2.4s. Surprisingly good in the snow, light and wide.

njee20
    Free Member

Conti Race King Supersonic 2.4s are massive for a proper lightweight tyre. 2.4" Rocket Ron?

Anthony
    Free Member

2.4" Advantage is indeed huge, it makes a 2.4 Mountain King and a 2.5" High Roller look tiny.

13thfloormonk

The bonty Big Earls claim to be 750g for a 2.5" tyre, which is lighter than the ADvantage (which is very good, i have one on the front).

The folding 2.4" Rubber Queen mighten't be too heavy?

Ewan
    Free Member

Conti 2.4 rubber queens are enormous. Much larger than 2.5 high roller, they're pretty light as well (well under a kilo)

PJ266
    Free Member

Dear god dont get the Conti diesels! rubber queeens however are held in high regard by people in the know.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just found a 2.5" Weirwolf on the classifieds for a bargain price. Are they any good? (I'm getting it anyway)

jobbyheid
    Free Member

Yeah, weirwolves are pretty good, I think they come up pretty large too..

scaredypants

yeah, weirwolves are good on dryish ground – no idea about snow

(I have some azonic summatorothers* 2.5 that are pretty big & light (less than a Wwolf I reckon) – no idea if still available, they came on a set of wheels I bought once. Haven't ridden them really, so can't comment on quality)

Bregante

+1 for 2.4 Rubber Queens. ridiculously voluminous 😉

scaredypants
    martinxyz
    Free Member

aye, i am getting on with a racing ralph in the snow up front as well!

Deveron53
    Free Member

Syncros Point n Chute 2.4 – lightweight and good mud/snow shedding.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Smaller than all of these I'm sure, but I run 2.25 Nokian NBX Lites over here in Aus – they're pretty handy in the sand.
    But then I probably have low expectations.

AdeC
    Free Member

2.5" Kenda Nevagals, Single-ply with a kevlar bead are pretty feathery and volumious at about 900gms.

Not too bad in the snow too.

VanHalen

+1 for big earls – great tyres for snow. (and general all round)

i think they haevier than 750 though but depends on teh variety i guess. mine are the tubeless abrasion resistant ones. on my third set.

br
    Free Member

I find that the 2.4 Nobby Nics seem to 'float' normally, not sure about snow though?

RealMan
    Free Member

Another vote for rubber queens. Massive tyres.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Huge lightweight tyres?’ is closed to new replies.