Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 248 total)
  • H.T.N. !
  • jonnyrockymountain

John
    Thanks for the zoomed in pic of me on my back wi feet in air :-)))))))

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Sundaysport photo of meMy first ever “race”, I pootled round while you lot flew by. Stopped to provide a chain link and tools for No 212, who very kindly came to find me at the end to thank me. I can barely walk today 🙂
    you can put a face to the poster.

GregMay
    Free Member

I appear to have an altercation with some brambles yesterday. Or at least, my arm may have been mauled while I was sleeping. Not quite sure where that happened but i am a ball of tingles today.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

My arms and legs are absolutely shredded as well Greg!

Mrs Binners comment this morning… “Jesus! You look like you’ve been self-harming!!”

Indeed

snotrag

I’m so glad to see that

A) many, many other people also
    went OTB on that descent

B) I’m not the only one who looks like they have put their arms and legs into a wood chipper!

h4muf
    Free Member

Nice jersey Snotrag

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah binners my legs are a bit shredded too, and my back is killing me, although don’t know why :-)))))

sefton
    Free Member
    pocpoc
    Free Member

Whoop!
    112th = not last = target achieved 😀

Next years target = top 100 and no injuries 😯

theotherjonv

johnclimber’s crash video is awesome. One bloke’s OTB is so slow you could time it with a calendar. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

binners

2nd from last. I’ve achieved my ‘not last, this time’ dream! Boom!!

RustySpanner

Dead last, get in!

If I can do it, anyone can.
    Chase your dreams, people.

GregMay
    Free Member

I thought I was only lapped once? Am confused.

Either way, good times.

kinno
    Free Member

Thank you and well done to the guys that organised the race. It’s the first 1 in 23 years for me. I really enjoyed it and managed 4 laps. Even made it into the 6 best crashes photos above.

dienamic

72nd, which I’m really pleased with on my massively unsuitable bike! Do people generally carry their bikes a lot in Manchester?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Do people generally carry their bikes a lot in Manchester?

only when we’re nicking em

D0NK

Spot the rider 😉

Thanks Bregante, like that pic

terrahawk
    Free Member

Get your HTN5 t shirts here http://www.twisted-head.com/product/hit-the-north-ts/

A limited edition so limited they don’t exist yet!
    And they won’t if nobody bothers to order them.

tomhoward

Someone has ordered one 😉

A lesson in racecraft, if you are going to stop as you can’t manage another lap, do it before the finish line, at least then you’ll get classified…

terrahawk
    Free Member

there will be another chance to put your lesson into practice Tom. Soon….

jonnyrockymountain

I’m fairly pleased 71st position, might have made top 50 if I didn’t spend so much time on the floor rolling around in the dirt

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m in the same boat as tom there; no classification due to my stupid timing (and shit knees/lungs).
    still had a great time though, so there’s that!

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Third from last! Does that mean I’m ready for the Monday night pub rides 🙂

tomhoward

Ooh terrahawk, you tease…

h4muf
    Free Member

Quite? happy with 58th place.
    Roll on the next time!

binners

rossendalelemming – You’re ideally qualified. You’ll still be having to wait at the top of every climb 😀

tthew

As I couldn’t ride, I’ve just been looking at pictures, (love that one of the orange clad CXer going OTB) and the Strava route of the new course, and inadvertently I’ve stumbled on what appears to be a 1/2 lap shortcut on a riders Strava.

Shop or not?
    Dob or don’t?

I know it’s a relaxed race and it’s not a podium botherer, but it’s definitely not cricket. #whatwouldbinnersdo

RustySpanner

Stop and have a chat with absolutely everyone, wait for me to catch up, wait another five minutes ‘to let the fast lads and lasses to go through’ and then wobble down the fun bits.

That’s what Binners would do.

I adopted his approach of ‘not really bothering’ this year with great success.
    It hurts much less and you get to meet the nicest people.
    🙂

tthew

Heh, good point.
    Did Sue marshall again? Did she have Vimto? Perhaps these are the important questions of the day.

RustySpanner

She did.
    🙂
    She’s moaning because she wasn’t at the bottom of Mt Doom.
    Missed all the carnage.
    😐

Recognised loads of the marshalls from previous years, very, very funny and a top job as always.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I guess etiquette depends on your perspective. For me riding slowly at the back then I was pleased to find that the ‘elite’ were pretty polite this year as they piled past me. Not a great deal of arrogance from the ‘riders’!

For them I guess they would be more concerned about how quickly the elderly lard asses got out of the way and if I can speak on belhalf of the MNPR collective then I hope they found us very accommodating!

With regards to the ‘cheating’ I guess you pretty much only cheat yourself, but if your prepared to cheat then you take the risk of being caught… name and shame I say (or at least post a link to a strava activity for independent verification!).

Finally, anyone dumb enough to go through the start / finish had to bypass the ever increasing hoard of lurkers and deserves a ‘no placing’ for their schoolboy error! 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

inadvertently I’ve stumbled on what appears to be a 1/2 lap shortcut on a riders Strava.

Get the pitch forks, there be cheats in the woods

tthew

Yes, the marshalls are just one of the brilliant things about HtN.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I managed to drag myself recovering body round into 44th place, so considering the amount of antibiotics and other pills ive consumed in the last 4 weeks I’ll take that.

Big thanks to Jason for all the work as it was ace and to the nice Karen lady for looking after my jacket / phone / keys.

RustySpanner

Oof, just noticed Louis faceplanting on John’s video.

Hope you’re ok fella.

dingleberry
    Free Member

The half lapper may be me… But if it is it’s actually an EXTRA half lap – somehow managed to miss a turn not far before the end of the first lap (just after the twisty drop through the trees) and ended up doing half of it again!

I’m no threat to the pointy end though so it wouldn’t make much difference either way. 😆

teamslug
    Free Member

52nd place. Pretty pleased with that. Never done a ‘short’ race before and I start slowly and didn’t get much faster or slower.!! Great course. Managed to ride the big uphill every time and only stopped on the downhill as a couple of guys pressed eject in front of me!. Massive thanks to Jase and all everyone involved including all the other riders.

tthew

It’s not you Dingleberry, (unless you use a very different name on your Strava account to your user profile on here) but following the route round it seems mystery rider did the same as you. Which leaves two points.

1. Hard luck mystery rider, (and you Dingleberry) you’d have come higher up the placings but for your mistake.
    2. Discretion really is the better part of valour, I’m bloody glad didn’t go charging in feet first and make myself look like a right arse. 😳 Sorry.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I was one of the people who went wrong. It certainly wasn’t cheating!

In the cut and thrust and tunnel vision of the first lap I (and some behind me) followed a chap I was chasing the wrong way after the ride down the boggy stream descent (failing to turn left onto the “trail centre” singletrack) and ended up doing an extra loop before arriving back on the course where we had left it.

Annoying as I must have lost a fair few places, as others around me were going at a similar pace.

I ended up in 26th.

I passed Binners twice, at exactly the same place each time.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Make that 27th, not 26th! D’oh.

Grrr.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘H.T.N. !’ is closed to new replies.