Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 248 total)
  • H.T.N. !
  • D0NK

anyone arranged post race pootle drinks in the church/other hostelry?

binners

You know the rules fella. All rides in the vicinity of Prestwich finish at the Church. It’s the law!

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

How much of the course is rideable after the event? Was hoping to attend but the new date clashed with taking the wife to Edinburgh.
    Would like to have a bimble round during the week

Harry_the_Spider

The weather looks glorious! You lucky, lucky people.

BTW. You should all make the effort to say thanks to Terrahawk. He has done this on his own and there has been considerable background bollocks from various people.

When you are in Philips make sure that you take 10 minutes to ride the red trails up the hill.

dawson

It will probably get loaded on Strava, but don’t know how much is regular trails.

Alternatively, look for the hollowed out shells of unfit STW’ers bodies laying in the bushes

Hells

Have a great time folks! Gutted not to be there, especially as the pain is pretty well gone this morning! Dammit!

grenosteve
    Free Member

That was an awesome race! Really enjoyed my self and did my goal of four laps. 😀

More importantly, my big bro got his first ever podium in the 3rd place spot!! Proud is an understatement. If anyone has any photos of the podium, would you be kind enough to email them to me? We didn’t have a camera on us… Email in my profile.

Thanks to all who set up and ran this awesome race.

binners

I’ve got podium pictures. I’ll post them up. I’m presently sat with a beer, caked in mud, looking at my bike which is even more caked in mud.

That was brilliant fun! Great course. A massive thank you to Jason and crew for taking all the time and trouble to organise it. And the weather gods certainly smiled on us! 😀

Oh… and we’ll done to your brother. There were some seriously fast boys (and girls) out there today!

Vortexracing

Great day guys, big thanks to terrahawk and all the helpers and marshalls, shouting their heads of for the full 2 hours.

Now sat at home, well and truly buggered. ??

Same next year?

pocpoc
    Free Member

Cheers terrahawk and all the Marshalls!
    Great race, although compared to those at the front i was in no way racing, just trying to keep going for 2 hours!
    Now at home nursing a probable bruised rib from on over the bars on that first descent (3rd lap – you think is have learnt by then!) 😕

pocpoc
    Free Member

The extent of my photography from today, a couple from the finish:

grenosteve
    Free Member

Thanks Binners, much appreciated.

I just read back through this thread, think you where next to me at the start – remember the mascot!

GregMay
    Free Member

Working through some photos the wife took – will post em when done.

Good race, happy with 6 laps on the singlespeed, considering it’s the longest ride I’ve done this year!

Course was ace. Weather was ace. Mud was ace.

Well done folks, happy as a Greg in mud.

teamslug
    Free Member

Home and just finishing depositing quite a lot of Lancashire mud on my drive over here in Yorkshire. Massive thanks to Jase and all the marshals. Had a great time and I think I did 6 laps but I lost count after 1. Great little course and nice to meet some of the guys on here.

snotrag

Well bloody hell, wasn’t that good! I wasn’t expecting beating sunshine to be the extent of the weather. Managed 5 laps which I was chuffed with, including a spectacular OTB on that first loamy descent om lap 4. Cleaned it next time though!

(Oh and rider 161 – tut tut, cutting big corners off the track!)

RustySpanner

That WAS brilliant!

Really enjoyed the course, different and better for it, I thought.
    Preparation H scared me a bit until I worked out how deep the mud was.
    Favourite bits were the little watersplash near the end and the new downhill, which I bottled out on every time.

Great organisation as always, thanks so much Jase, you should be very proud of yourself.

Lovely to meet everyone, great to chat with you all.
    Smiles and sunshine.

Hearty congrats to all the winners, very jealous of your well deserved prizes.
    🙂

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Great race,great weather and fantastic organisation. Well done to Jason and all the marshals for their efforts!

Anyone know when When will results be posted on the website?

edhornby

Really good course and brilliant encouragement from the marshalls well done all of you

h4muf
    Free Member

That was mint!!

Quite happy with five laps on my Scandal.I think i’m relatively fit until you get lapped! 😀
    Massive thanks to Jase and the marshals for making it happen.

Loved the new course and only went OTB twice!

tthew

Alstublift from Belgium. Sounds bloody ace. I’m almost sorry I’ve been picking my liver in Ghent all day.

MrSparkle

Well done all. I hope you like my ‘encouraging signs’ – Pedal you bastards!

teamslug
    Free Member

I liked the ‘You’re Gorgeous ‘ one. Cos I am!!!

RustySpanner

The Darwen Dylan.
    🙂

tomhoward

Ee, weren’t that good?! Lovely weather, great course, ace atmosphere, only a *cough* little bit of mud…

Fanks very much terrahawk and all the marshalls! Thanks to the MNPRers too for taking me under their wing for a post ride beer or two!

dawson

Really enjoyed today. Think I did 5 laps.

Thanks to Terrahawk for organising it all.

Thank you Mr Sparkle for your encouragement!

mintimperial

Some pics including podiums here.

I had a thoroughly ace time, the course was great fun, the atmosphere lovely, the organisation and marshalling exemplary and we couldn’t have asked for better conditions. I particularly enjoyed all the kids yelling “Aeroplane man!” at me all the way round, obviously comedy props are the way forward if you want encouragement at races and you’re a hopeless chopper like what I am. I think I managed 5 laps? in spite of one of my pedals parting company from the crank, a minor crash at the first river crossing, running out of water in the first hour and stopping for a chat on several occasions. Marvellous.

Cheers once again for all the hard work terrahawk!

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

@Mr Sparkle -those signs were ace, very encouraging!!

sefton
    Free Member

Great race, but boy did i blow with 2 to go. And that climb…cruel b@&stards who ever though of adding that. Big thanks to jase and all the marshalls….and what a spring day!

GregMay
    Free Member

Some photos taken by the wife, hither:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskWJzuvM

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SFfdyL]DSC00448.jpg[/url] by Greg.May, on Flickr

Bregante

A few phone pics.

Elite racers discussing tactics…

This was steeper than it looks here

See 😀

aanddy
    Free Member

Thanks to all involved in making that happen it was awesome! loved the marshal entertainment,ace course the sun was shining and … pies.

teamslug
    Free Member

Found myself on Gregs wife’s photo link. Thanks

edhornby

SportSunday has the pictures up – some really good ones

and

http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/htn-10362#photo

😀

pocpoc
    Free Member

Great Sport Sunday photos – found 3 different ones on me pushing my bike! And none actually riding it 😳
    Although, seeing some of the action shots of over the bars and in to the mud i think waking that bit was one of my better decisions.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to be marshalling and at my spot here are my 6 best crash photos

Film here
    https://vimeo.com/210069193

All photos, good and bad are here
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/25655510@N02/1qVzCD

Help yourself to them with the download button on the right hand side

stucowp
    Free Member

What an absolute cracking event in superb weather well done to all who took part on what was an ace course. My legs are tired today after riding there and back but the weather was to good to waste!

binners

We knew it was going to be carnage at the bottom of that first descent. So we hung back and let the fast boys hurl themselves down it first, and had a laugh watching them go down like BHS

Not that we learnt owt from their mistakes. I still binned it at the bottom as well

Greg – your wife’s pictures are great! Going to sort mine out later

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have to say, some of the photos make waterdale and drinkwater park look stunning! the water crossing by the irwell could be part of a world cup venue…

once again, thanks to jason for organising the whole thing, all of the marshals for giving up their time to make sure we could do the thing and everyone else that was part of the day basically.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

That was a cracking day.

Just seen on my Garmin that I did a lap more than I thought (five in total so happy enough).

Also I see I’ve starred in JonClimbers top 5 crashes (I’m the second one down from the top). I’ll be keeping that one.

Loved the marshalling – your sign MrSparkle was great and the relentless dancing from one lass was very cheering.

Great day out and the family loved watching it too.

jonnyrockymountain

Cracking day, really enjoyed it, I managed to climb every little hill, but then managed to fall off every time down

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 248 total)

The topic ‘H.T.N. !’ is closed to new replies.