Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • HTN Land / Prestwich short notice road ride.
  • Harry_the_Spider

V. short notice I know, but does anyone fancy a road ride tonight?

8:30 blast off from The Church Inn. M25 1AJ

25 ish miles over some hills

Pint.

Harry_the_Spider

Bumpetto.

binners

Road bikes?

You’ve changed 😥

wors

It’s the future Binners, I would mate but the Mrs is out later, gonna do a ride straight from this here Oasis that is Bury.

Harry_the_Spider

Binners,

1) After the recent weather it will be a complete shit-fest out there and I can’t be bothered having to clean and lube the bike at midnight or before work in the morning.

2) Sunday’s rain has washed away quite a large chunk of the local trails and discovering a 3ft deep hole on a bit of singletrack at full speed in the dark is up there with going for a wee after peeling chilli peppers on the scale of “fun things to do”.

3) You have a road bike.

4) Man up.

5) See point 4.

6) We’ll do a MTB night ride next week*. I’ll be out on Saturday morning so I’ll see how bad the trail damage is and where all the new water features are. Apparently the area where we started HTN (with room for 350 riders) is gone. All of it.

7) See points 3, 4 and 5.

Depending on enthusiasm levels we may tackle the steeper west face of the Col d’ Gran Batard.

*perhaps

wors

You nee to tackle it from the South side, from the 7 stars pub ….

Harry_the_Spider

Going at it from Bradshaw. Is that what you mean?

binners

Fair enough fella. Its a fair cop. Last weeks ride provoked this moanfest

it was bloody awful. Don’t have my road bike any more mate. The one in/one out rule was brought into play

Harry_the_Spider

That’s the fella Wors! You can feel your character builing as you go up it. Did it last week in the pissing rain. Nice.

D0NK

Harwood side is harder, there’s an extra 60ft vertical but the big thing is mental, you just see the climb roll out infront of you, walshaw side there’s some twist and turns to hide the full horror.

still only a pimple of a hill in road ride terms tho 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

still only a pimple of a hill in road ride terms tho

True, but remember we are mountain bikers.

You having it?

D0NK

unfortunately not was out last night and my legs are shot, plus weds is zumba night (for the mrs, not me, I get to bath and put to bed our two darling offspring)

Junkyard
    Free Member

What DONK said and as we are riding Lakes Friday I need a rest…not as tired as him mind but he did have to put in slightly more effort than me on the Belmont night ride Challenge 😳

Its a long ride from yours to mine on Friday so SHHH on the forum about it [ told you I would keep moaning 😛 ]

wors

If you want to be a real mentalist, you could always do all 3 ascents 😈

terrahawk
    Free Member

all 3 ascents of what?

Harry_the_Spider

all 3 ascents of what?

Affetside, we are bigging it up.

wors

Up to the pack horse at affetside, one from Walshaw, one from Harwood, and one from Bradshaw going past the jumbles and turning right at India Gate

Edit: 12 miles and 1500ft of climbing

D0NK

or you could go to horwich and do repetitions of climbing up to the mast, 2.5miles (well 5 including the ride back down) and 1000ft of climbing per rep.

I’m sure I’ve heard roadies say hill reps are ace.

binners

PERVERTS!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I see what you did there 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Last bump.

It looks like a nice summer evening out there too.

wors

Lovely evening for it, did the Col du Batard from Walshaw and the Col vert des bras (green Arms :D)

Sweating like a pig!!! Have a good un

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘HTN Land / Prestwich short notice road ride.’ is closed to new replies.