Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • htc or apple
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Sorry, but i can get the onex for 26 or the 4s for 36…..but will i be happy with the onex?

I have a desire, and i love it, but dont want to be dissapointed its not the apple

in a coffee shop trying to decide

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i’d go HTC, for the bigger screen alone!

IA

Would be comparing a S3 not a oneX, battery life is a bit poor on the oneX.

Though really, I’d wait a month. New iphone imminent…

Cougar

One S maybe, less comedy-phone sized?

GrahamS

If you already have a Desire, and love it, then why would you be disappointed at not going for Apple?

i’d go HTC, for the bigger screen alone!

Personally the One X is a bit too big for my liking.

spacemonkey

+1 wait for iP5 release. Supposedly Sept (from tech media) even though carriers won’t admit this. I’m out of contract with an iP4 and ticking over on a cheap monthly tariff whilst waiting to see. Can’t see it being much of a leap forward mind. Will also most likely cost up front IRO of £100-£300 depending on storage/mins etc.

GrahamS

Can’t see it being much of a leap forward mind.

Thinner and a bigger screen according to the latest leaks/rumours.
    http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/18/iphone-5-photos-leak-front-panel/

Not sure if the bigger screen is a good thing to be honest, but thinner is always nice.

wrecker
    Free Member

Flip a coin.
    They’re phones. I’m sure either will make you happy.

IA

Regardless of if you get a iP5 (why 5 though, it’s the 6th one! “New iPhone” I reckon ) or not, it’ll affect the market and drive down the price a bit on a 4S.

GrahamS

Flip a coin.
    They’re phones. I’m sure either will make you happy.

Just like bikes…

Drac

I’d get the iphone for the screen size alone.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just like bikes…

Except you can’t ride a phone (obviously)

GrahamS

And you can’t play Infinity Blade II on a bike…

(or post pointless comments on internet forums either!)

wrecker
    Free Member

Infinity what?
    Something’s telling me I’m not fully utilising my smart phone….

GrahamS

Infinity what?

Just a game. Pretty and mildly diverting…

wrecker
    Free Member

Is it free? I like free I do.

GrahamS

Nope sorry. You’d have to fork out a mighty £2.
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/infinity-blade-ii/id447689011?mt=8

But it is a universal app, so you can play it on your iPhone and iPad.

wrecker
    Free Member

But it is a universal app, so you can play it on your iPhone and iPad.

Only buying it once?
    The Itunes is connected to the mrs bank account anyway 😈

kayak23

HTC One S is excellent and plenty big. One X is too big and poor battery.

Bez

Not sure if the bigger screen is a good thing to be honest, but thinner is always nice.

Not for me it’s not – I hate thin phones; the thinner they are the harder it is to hold them with any degree of stability. My Desire is vastly ergonomically better with a Casemate tough case round it, and my Xperia Active is nice because it’s slightly fat in the first place. It’s not as if they don’t fit in my pocket, either, so I can’t see any disadvantage. Quite why no-one in the industry seems to have twigged that a fat phone is much easier to use and can have two or three times the battery capacity, I’ve no idea.

GrahamS

Only buying it once?
    The Itunes is connected to the mrs bank account anyway

Yep, as long as they are both on the same iTunes account.

That goes for all apps. We buy once then we can use the app either of our iPhones or the iPad without paying again. One of the nice things about the Apple “ecosystem”.

GrahamS

the thinner they are the harder it is to hold them with any degree of stability

I can hold a sheet of paper really well. When phones get thinner than that I’ll start worrying 😀

Bez

We buy once then we can use the app either of our iPhones or the iPad without paying again. One of the nice things about the Apple “ecosystem”.

And equally true of the Android “ecosystem”.

GrahamS

And equally true of the Android “ecosystem”.

Is it? Cool. Wasn’t intended as a slight at Android, I just mean it’s one of the advantages of sticking with a single system, rather than say getting an Android phone and a Apple iPad (or vice-versa).

Bez

I can hold a sheet of paper really well.

Chapeau. What was that remark you made about pointless comments? 😉

Yes, a really thin phone/tablet is fine if, like a piece of paper, you only physically interact with it when it’s supported by something flat such a desk and you have something to prevent it sliding around whilst you do interact with it.

GrahamS

Actually that’s probably where all this will eventually lead. An ultra-thin display that folds up like a piece of paper.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqgpayilpg[/video]

But maybe not for a few years just yet.

CountZero

Regardless of if you get a iP5 (why 5 though, it’s the 6th one! “New iPhone” I reckon ) or not, it’ll affect the market and drive down the price a bit on a 4S.

What has the fact it’s the sixth model got to do with the numbering sequence?
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3Gs
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4s
    Stands to reason 5 ought to follow 3 and 4.
    Or is that a bit too obvious for some? 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

So fatboba. What did you plump up for, surprise us by taking a photo.on.you old htc 😉

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I got the HTC in the end (can’t take a piccy as I traded the old phone, it wasn’t working anyway). Turns out once I spoke the to the guy in the shop again, he could do it for £10 cheaper a month than the iphone with the same minutes/texts/internet

Also it was the wife that put it in perspective over our coffee:

wife: “why do you want the iphone when you’ve just sat and gone on about how great Android is on the phone i’ve got? (she just bought a Sony Experia)”

me: “erm…..um, eh,etc.”

wife: “yep, thought so, you want one because because someone else has got one or because it says Apple on it……just MTFU and get what you want rather than what you think other people have got”

the missus has the level head in this relationship……and yes she did say MTFU (but the whole sentence!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

S3 – size is great 🙂

If the iphone-blah has a bigger screen it will just confuse all the app developers who believed Apple in the one screen size only guff.

happynicky
    Free Member

why not to await for the new iphone?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Would we expect the new iPhone to affect HTC prices and deals?

GrahamS

“yep, thought so, you want one because because someone else has got one or because it says Apple on it……just MTFU and get what you want rather than what you think other people have got”

If I were you I’d keep a careful note of this argument for future use, particularly around the areas of shoes, handbags, and other must-haves 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I got the HTC One X for £18.41 a month on tmobile and free phone (mobiles.co.uk)

Bimbler
    Free Member

I got the HTC One X for £18.41 a month on tmobile and free phone (mobiles.co.uk)

Interesting *strokes beard*

GrahamS

I got the HTC One X for £18.41 a month

Yeah but you’ll spend four times that having to buy new jeans and jackets with extra huge pockets 😉

GrahamS

Incidentally MoneySavingExpert have a nice iPhone contract comparison tool:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone#compare

The cheapest iPhone 4s deal is apparently “free” 16GB phone and £26 a month (100mins/500txt/250MB)

So HTC is still the way to go if you favour cheapness.

wallop

Any storage experts here? I have an HTC Desire which I’m due to change in a couple of months. I will probably get an iPhone – the HTC has been fine but it was always running out of space (probably mainly down to Adobe Air). I have no idea what size it is and therefore I don’t know what size iPhone I need. I don’t store music on it but will probably take a few photos.

kayak23

Certainly with the new HTC phones you tend to get some ‘cloud’ storage with the contract. 25gb of Dropbox I got.
    It makes up for the fact that they somehow decided it would be a good idea to do away with an SD slot…

stumpy01

Wallop – I take it you kept getting low memory warnings? That is due to a known issue with the Desire not having enough memory for apps. Most (if not all) phones since don’t have that problem. If you look at memory use in the settings you will probably find a lot of SD card space remaining, but not much phone memory.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘htc or apple’ is closed to new replies.