Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • htc one X – is this the best deal i can get?
  • sadexpunk

wifes looking at one and found one for £21 p/m over 2 years on voda, is that the best ill get? its a white one btw which she prefers.

how much you all paying for yours?

shes also considering one S and one V, but strangely enough they seem dearer than the X which is top of the range isnt it?

thanks

glupton1976
    Free Member

£15/month on virgin for a One V – 2yr contract.

druidh
    Free Member

X vs S: I preferred the latter, purely on size.

Kryton57

Does she want to upgrade the memory / is she media heavy – then the one X. Otherwise the One S to leave more room in the handbag.

sadexpunk

shes just looking at that virgin deal ta. shes not media heavy at all, and yes, the x would prob be a bit overkill, so maybe an s or v might be best.

it really is just calls, texts, data she uses, and this one x deal is 600 mins, u/l texts, 500Mb data which seems fine for her.

thanks

EDIT: apparently that virgin deal is out of stock now.

EDIT EDIT: she plays a lot of music so a decent size memory would be ideal too.

konagirl
    Free Member

I’ve just got a One V using a cashback redemption scheme – I’m new to these smart phones so the basic version is fine for me. If you are organised enough to send off the paper bill every 3-6 months for the cashback, I can highly recommend e2save.co.uk or mobiles.co.uk (both Carphone Warehouse) as reputable cashback companies. My One V is costing £8.75 equivalent per month (24m) for unlimited texts, 100 minutes call time and 750MB data. The One X in white with 300 mins calls and 750MB is £17.88 equivalent (its the £26pm package with a bit of cashback). Both on T-mobile. Here.

ElShalimo

what are the main differences between HTC One X, S & V?

Kryton57

ElShalimo – Member
    what are the main differences between HTC One X, S & V?

I can’t comment on the V but the difference between the X & S is:

a) The X is big, the S is “normal” size
    b) The X has upgradable memory via SD Card, the S is stuck with 16GB
    c) I think the X has slightly more Camera “effects” built in.

konagirl
    Free Member

Elshamino, comparison.

rj
    Free Member

The One X doesn’t appear to have an SD card slot, it’s fixed at 32Gb.

ElShalimo

thanks guys

ElShalimo

thanks – that’s a great comparison tool

glupton1976
    Free Member

The One S and the One V accept 64Gb cards, even though the manual says they dont.

stumpy01

Konagirl – do mobiles.co.uk allow you to keep your number or do you have to get a new one?
    Years ago I went for a dial a phone deal & you couldn’t port your number across.

I like the look of that OneX deal…

stumpy01

Oh and ElShalimo, the reviews on gsmarena.com are quite in depth.

sadexpunk

thanks for your help, she’s been into town and still not decided yet 🙂 best to make sure i spose. shes now also talking about the galaxy s3 as a possible. any info on how that compares to the htc’s? and any decent deals around?

ta

konagirl
    Free Member

stumpy01,

The contract is with T-Mobile so I can port my number using a PAC as per usual. I pay £21pm by direct debit to T-Mobile and claim about £50 cashback every 3-6 months from mobiles.co.uk. So if mobiles.co.uk / Carphone Warehouse were to go bust, I wouldn’t get the redemption, but otherwise it’s the same as any pay monthly contact.

stumpy01

Cheers for the info, Konagirl…

Gonna ring T-Mobile in the next day or two and see what they can offer me, but if they can’t do a decent deal I’ll be getting one of those mobiles.co.uk deals….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘htc one X – is this the best deal i can get?’ is closed to new replies.