Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC One calendar query
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

Just got one of these as an upgrade and I’m in the process of transferring my data across from my old HTC Desire S. I’m using Mybackup pro version btw.

Whilst all my calendar entries have transferred across I now seem to have entries for sodding everyones birthday on facebook.

Now the calendar on the Desire had the option of unticking facebook but I can’t see that on the One. I’ve got PC sync and a few other calendar options but not a dedicated Facebook one.

Any ideas how I can clear the Facebook calendar entires?

ell_tell
    Free Member

A bump for the Weds late afternoon crowd 🙂

beej

Calendar -> settings menu within the app (top right), Accounts?

Is the FB calendar shown there?

dan1980
    Free Member

In the calendar app, under “Accounts (All Calendars)” you can select which accounts to activate or not e.g. Facebook, Google, “People – Birthdays & Anniversaries”.

Look for the one where the coloured tab matches the colour of the calendar entries you don’t want to show any more and un-check it.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Calendar -> settings menu within the app (top right), Accounts?

Is the FB calendar shown there?

No FB calendar option there but following Dan’s advice if I un-check ‘HTC sync manager’ it removes the FB entries but also my own personal appointments I entered on my old phone and migrated across, which is a bit of a pain

beej

Could be that the FB birthdays were on the old phone somehow and have been transferred across by the HTC sync, so they’re not originating from FB on the HTC One, but from the HTC sync.

Annoying though. I used to have multiple calendars/contacts that caused me so much confusion that I spent a good few hours making sure Google had everything (calendar, contacts), then I deleted all the other accounts.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Ta beej. I can add all my personal calendar entries again but as you say, annoying.

stumpy01

I had this problem with my Sony Xperia T.

Does HTC have its own ‘for Facebook’s type app/account?
    I tried settings>accounts and got no joy under the Facebook account. But under the ‘Xperia with Facebook’ account there is an option to turn off Facebook events and birthdays in the settings.

jeffl

For future reference save all calendar entries to Google calendar rather than to the local phone. Then come new phone time it will just be picked up. Same with contacts. One of the big pluses of running android.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC One calendar query’ is closed to new replies.