Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HTC hero (techno thicko question I think)
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

How do I download apps from my phone to my pc so I have copies to upload if I have to do a factory reset or something and don't want to pay for them twice?
    I have searched android forums and can't find anything that answers the question or is in a language that I understand…
    Thankyouplease.
    Jo

MrGreedy

If you've bought the app, it's then permanently linked to your Google account. All you have to do is link your Google account to your phone and all your apps should be available to re-download for free.

orena45

Not entirely sure you can unless maybe you root it (could be wrong) however any apps you've paid for can be reinstalled at no cost (when you pay for the apps, it's registered with your Google account so Market knows you've paid already).

(Edit: beaten to it!)

jojoA1
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

Cougar

If you've bought the app, it's then permanently linked to your Google account.

This.

If you can't be bothered re-downloading, Titanium Backup will back up your apps. But apart from the admin overhead, there's no issue with just pulling the apps down again; personally I prefer it, a factory reset is a nice way of only having the apps you want rather than the stuff you've downloaded to try and never got around to removing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HTC hero (techno thicko question I think)’ is closed to new replies.