Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • HTC – Desire V Wildfire
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Firstly – i'm a tech dinosaur.

I'm looking to replace my old mobile and i like the idea of a smartphone mainly for a bit of web surfing & maps / directions sat nav stuff.

The Desire seems to be the one to go for (3 wek wait – i can wait) but i've been offered the Wildfire.

Contracts are 24 month =
    Desire £30, 600min, 500 text, Unlim www
    Wildfire £20, 300min, 300 text, Unlim www

Would the Desire be better future proofed?

Any other considerations?

Any opinions on these phones?

PLEASE keep answers as non tech speak as posible!

Ta,
    (off to gym – i'll check in when back)

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a Desire and my Wife has a Wildfire.

The screen on the Desire is much better both in size and resolution. The Desire is also a bit faster in general use.

If you can live with the screen then the Wildfire pretty much does everything the Desire will do and is a bit smaller in height (more or less the same in width and depth).

Regards

JonBurns
    Free Member

What about the Legend?

I think it sits pretty much in the middle spec wise between the Desire and Wildfire.

molgrips
    Free Member

You might find a smartphone a little hard to use with your tiny useless forearms if you are a dinosaur. Plus the extra features might not be of much benefit with your tiny brain.

woody2000

I've just got a Wildfire, seems a nice little phone. There seems to be a lot of negative talk about screen res, speed etc but it seems fine to me. If you're going to use Google Maps for sat nav, then the unlim (yeah right!) www will be handy as you need an active data connection for route planning.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Desire

qwerty
    Free Member

Pay monthly plans which include internet on your phone on an Android phone
    *Internet on your phone Plus comes with a fair use policy of 3GB a month. We'll monitor how much you send and receive each calendar month so that we can protect our network for all our internet on your customers. If you use more than your fair use policy amount, we won't charge you any more, but we may restrict how you can use your plan, depending on how often you go over your amount and by how much.

is 3GB much?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Yes, I use about 400mb a month with a lot of iPhone use

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Orange have an offer on Desire at mo. First 12 months rental at half price.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/HTC_Desire_Black/

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Desire I am super untechy and have had no problems setting it up or using it.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Desire all the way, CPU 400MHz quicker, more ram, better screen etc. I'd wait if I was you.

dr_sam

I've got the desire. I think it just depends whether you're fussed about the screen and quicker processor. They both do the same things.

dr_sam

Although contract wise if you make lots of calls it may be cheaper with the desire.

woody2000

Update – the screen has just failed on my day old Wildfire 😮

Funkin bowlarks

philsimm
    Free Member

Just got the Legend on Vodafone @ £20pm and right nice it is too. Does all i'd like it to (Sat Nav, emails, internet, hell it even makes phone calls). Was tempted by the Desire but for an extra tenner a month didn't think i'd take advantage of all the extra bells and whistle it had (bigger memory, higher res, faster processor) and i was on a budget.

Would seriously think about going for the 18 month option though as you know what things are like – both of them phones will be out of date in 5 minutes and you'll soon be salivating over the next big thing soon.

qwerty
    Free Member

how mank MB in a GB?

jools182
    Free Member

got a desire this week and love it

currently trying to prise it out of my girlfriends hands

dmjb4
    Free Member

1024Mb = 1Gb

unless its hard drives, as the cheapos use metric.

Desire has better CPU, so best option for 3d games such as quake2, raging thunder etc.

If you just want phone + web browser + email + sat nav + music the difference is immaterial. They all work the same so save the cash and get legend / wildfire.

jebernerc
    Free Member

I have the desire…great phone and very handy for checking the web on the go

burt
    Free Member

wildfire here, free with
    600 mins, unlimited texts £20 a month, its a great phone.

surfdad
    Free Member

I've had a wildfire a fortnight to replace my old hero. I think it's waaay quicker, loads web pages much faster and on android 2.1 as standard.

However, there is a problem with the wifi on mine where it disconnects whenever the screen times out. I've had some back and forth with htc tech support and they say it's a known problem. Apparently the developers are working on it but with no timescale for a solution …

Sounds like a little thing but it isn't half annoying!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy. Mine's great

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘HTC – Desire V Wildfire’ is closed to new replies.