Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC desire question
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so I’ve bought a bigger 16GB memory card for my HTC desire .. num nuts question but how do I swap them? Don’t I have to back up everything off the old SD card onto the computer then put the new one in and transfer it all back? I’ve had a look at the instrcution manual but it isn’t helpful.
    please help me!

Thanks (PS I’m rubbish with stuff like this!)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

yes

DickBarton

Couple of ways – either don’t bother…remove old card and put new one in and off you go…

Put old card in PC and copy contents, then put new card in PC and copy to there…then plug into new phone and off you go…

If the first option, there is a ‘format memory card’ option that will set the card up for the basics…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

RR but how do I that???

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay DickBarton mmm I can’t do that as I need an adaptor to put it into the computer, any other way, ie via the USB/charger cable.

DickBarton

I’m not sure if the USB cable allows access to the card…do you have a mini SD card adapter? If so, plug the card in it then it in the PC…otherwise, where do you live? If near me I can help…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No mini SD card adapter, currently mounted phone as disk drive and trying to drag and drop it all into a new folder and back using USB cord. I’m Oxfordshire.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

When you attach the phone to the PC, on the phone’s screen you get a menu asking what you want to do (charge only/synch etc). You need to select the option that allows you to mount the phone as an external drive. Once you’ve done that, just use Explorer on your PC to navigate to the card and copy down whatever you need.

Once done, whack your new card into your phone and repeat the above steps. You can then copy across the content you backed up from your PC.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Fingers crossed new card in and currently transferring it all across .. hopefully will let you know if successful!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC desire question’ is closed to new replies.