Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HT2->GXP BB Converters
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Seen a guy selling some step-down shims which you insert into HT2 BB’s and it allows the use of a GXP crank.

Anyone ever used them? Worth a shot or just avoid?

I use these and they work fine.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-bottom-bracket-truvativ-gxp-converter/rp-prod26899

Edit to add;

Those are for Hope and similar bearings which are 24mm ID and fit direct to the crank.
    They won’t work with Shimano bearings which are 25mm ID and already use a plastic spacer to reduce them down to 24mm.

Edit again;

Maybe they would, but I don’t think so. I’ve never tried it.

chiefgrooveguru

I used the Hope GXP adapters with Truvativ cranks and a Hope BB. The original BB lasted months whilst the Hope has lasted longer than the cranks (Shimano ones in there now)!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conan257
    Free Member

Yeah, running a shimano BB and have already seen that the Hope adaptors only work on hope BB’s…

Budget isn’t going to stretch toa £70 BB…

Northwind

Enduro bb bearings are shite, though. Maybe not quite as bad as truvativ BBs but barely any better.

It ought to be possible to tophat other designs… Some shimanos, you won’t be able to get a spacer in from the inside though, and you’ll be putting a metal spacer on a plastic spacer so not really ideal (in practice, might be fine). Token do a Truvativ compatible BB I think?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Budget isn’t going to stretch toa £70 BB…

Give it a couple of months and you will have spent that much on shit ones

Conan257
    Free Member

For anyone looking at getting these, firs ride last night and the converter is working fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HT2->GXP BB Converters’ is closed to new replies.