Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HT pedals rebuild help
  • ayjaydoubleyou

Got some HT flat pedals that need bearing replacement.

AE-03 – which is an EVO+ axle.

I can find the replacement parts in a kit at a reasonable price.

But severely lacking is any instructions or even an exploded diagram on how to do it, and whether the (£110!!!!) tool kit is necessary.

Seriously £110. Pretty sure thats more than the pedals themselves. Wouldnt have bought them if I knew.

ayjaydoubleyou

selfish evening crowd bump

dhrider
    Free Member

Not familiar with the pedals but looking at the parts / tools they should be handy enough to strip & rebuild.

You might just need a thin walled socket & instead of a tap, use a drill bit to remove the bushing.

If it’s evo+ axle, there’s a video here https://www.facebook.com/HTcomponents/videos/how-to-rebuild-the-evo-pedals/1902577639761860/

ayjaydoubleyou

use a drill bit to remove the bushing.

I assume you mean manually ram the biggest drill bit that will fit in there and pull, to get the old bushing out, rather than actually using a drill?

That video (I’ve just flicked through) seems to use the dummy pedal shaft type thing to seat the new bushing. Could I just hammer on the actual pedal shaft to seat it?

dhrider
    Free Member

Yes, just a drill bit and pull it out with it.

You COULD gently use a cordless drill too I guess……

The bushing will be supporting the axle in the body so you should be able to install it with the axle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HT pedals rebuild help’ is closed to new replies.