Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HT Bike to FS Frame Upgrade – Options?
  • simono5

My Son has an On-One DeeDar which he’s outgrown. As it’s just the frame thats too small I was thinking whether it’d be worth just upgrading the frame with a FS and moving all the DeeDar parts to the FS frame.

On-one don’t have a FS frame and shock combo and the only other option I’ve found is a Sonder Evol frame and Shock. Price point is good and most parts would transfer across other than the rear wheel with is 142 DeeDar v’s 148 Sonder.

So I’m stumped again. Looking for any advice really;
    – by another DeeDar frame – doesn’t meet his desire of having a FS
    – any other FS and shock frame options
    – buy second hand FS

Thanks!

kelron
    Free Member

See if you can pick up a cheap rear wheel to use with the Sonder? Or look for a second hand frame you can swap everything over to.

mark90
    Free Member

Not very stealth ad: Bird Aeris MK1.5 frame and shock, medium, vgc, 142 rear axle. PM me if it’s of interest.

bensongd
    Free Member

Rear wheel spacing adapter available?

simono5

Thanks for the replies.

Looking for a Large frame so the Bird is out but thanks for the suggestion.

Haven’t found adapters.

Have found a rear wheel for £60 which is the best option found so far.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Adapters are called boost adapters (148mm = boost) – review of some good, cheap ones here on STW:

STW boost adapter review

Read through the review to see if you want to get the rear wheel re-dished by a bike shop – I’d guess that will be another 10-20 quid on top so total price 25-35 vs 60 for the rear wheel. Then your call as to what is easier!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HT Bike to FS Frame Upgrade – Options?’ is closed to new replies.