Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HR documents for small business’s?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there anywhere you can get templates for this sort of stuff?

There’s literally two of us in the office, the boss and me and we’ve been given a 6 page questionnaire by a client on modern slavery. To be able to tick off everything would need a whole raft of documentation and us to go to all our suppliers and get them to do likewise.

Ditto diversity and inclusion, bribery and corruption, etc.

I know all these laws apply to all businesses regardless but is there an idiots guide to this? Or do I have to phone up WHSmiths head office and get them to confirm in writing that our printer ink was sourced in accordance with the modern slavery act?

mrwhyte
    Free Member

My OH is an HR consultant and is always helping small businesses do this kind of stuff, if you message me with your email I could forward to her and she may be able to help you out?

dovebiker

It only needs to be a policy statement with a ‘best endeavours’ approach that you put in your standard T&C’s and make available to your suppliers etc. online.

If you search online you’ll find lots of suitable documents.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Check out SeedLegals. 30 day trial should cover some of the most important bits. Loads of templates / freebies via google at other places around health & safety, diversity etc that are pretty simple to understand and implement to keep a client happy.

rene59
    Free Member

When we have small suppliers struggling with stuff like this, I just get them to confim they will adopt/work to our policies as part of the T&Cs. Saves them wasting time and resources they could be spending on getting a job done for us instead.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Have a look here…
    https://thecareercafe.co.uk/
    might have something to suit.

TheDTs
    Free Member

FSB Member? All available as downloads from their website.
    @Rene, I wish more had this approach.
    We were forced to pay to subscribe to Achilles by a customer, such a cheek.

matt_outandabout

FSB Member

We used them when I ran my business. That and cheap card machine and payments….

fancypants
    Free Member

Have a look at simplydocs

BenjiM

What’s your turnover? Less than £36m? Then politely decline to complete the form as it doesn’t apply to you, you don’t need a modern slavery policy or anti corruption/bribery policy. That’s meant for larger organisations. PM me your email and I can send you something over. Like Rene we have 1 page declarations for this sort of thing for smaller suppliers. Forms like that only serve to piss them off and confuse them. We’re in the position to know what it’s like to be in their shoes and a larger firm with the legal requirements being asked.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HR documents for small business’s?’ is closed to new replies.