• This topic has 49 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Hows your motivation?
  • LittleNose
    Free Member

I’ve been pretty good so far this autumn, but struggling to get out the door today – everything just feels too far away / too much hassle

Kryton57

Fantastic thanks!

Hitting my training numbers out of the park, enjoying my bikes and planning to go for a nice cool but sunny ride tomorrow.

🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Right, having mulled it over during the morning, I’m off to Meon Valley Trail and then doing the odd cat4 hill climb like Old Winchester to get home before sunset… But unlike in the summer when I did this, I do not plan on getting lost improvising a route home and ending up in Fareham! 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fifeandy
    Free Member

Pretty much non existent right now.
    Always planned to take September off, but picked up a knee injury that has lingered on a bit (seems almost better now), but also just didn’t feel the need to bike.
    I’ve booked myself a holiday in the Dolomites next September, so I will have to get on the bike and start training after christmas, but not really that urgent.
    Tried a few easy spins on the turbo (didn’t want to risk setting the knee back with intensity), but just didn’t have enthusiasm, so i’m just giving myself another few weeks just doing other stuff rather than force myself.

Think overall I just did too many grim rides this year and it wore me down mentally. 5 days a week from Nov16-Aug17 and only actually wore a summer jersey 5 times, of which two of those turned out to be over optimistic.

mcnultycop

Struggling a bit at the moment; I had the goal of the BHF Manchester Blackpool night ride which I achieved (and smashed, by my standards) at the start of October. I’ve struggled since though, I had two tattoo sessions on my leg and can’t ride until they heal, so that means 10-14 days off the bike each time. Each time I get back on the bike it feels like all my fitness has disappeared. I’ve put 4kg on in 6 weeks.

I booked on the Santa Run Sportive next Sunday, so hopefully 7 days training will be enough.

13thfloormonk

Good! 8)

Still loving having a dedicated commuter with mudguards and good fat tyres (by road standards) so not yet put off by possibly icy-ness.

Came into winter preparing for some CX races so did some speed work on the commutes, but now I’m done with CX for the season (other weekend commitments) I’m focussing on a 24hr/520km challenge my mate wants us to do in June.

Gives me an excuse to focus on hours in the saddle and park the speed work until Spring, cue sneaking in extra miles on the commute and trying to work long rides into our weekend plans.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah ok , her story sounded similar to your kayla – sold the mh and bought a conversion on van and does track days.

Seems i might have been convinced to do marcothon also to keep me mentally engaged on this work hitch…..

the hard days i see are the 29th when ive just landed from an over night flight and the 30th when i have the mother of all hang overs after my old bike club mates night out back home 😀

GolfChick
    Free Member

I read something quite apt the other day that suits me for some of the year. I don’t ride because I’m motivated or passionate, I do it because I’m disciplined. I don’t get up every day with a yearning to go and brush my teeth, I do it because I know I have to. The same is true of a lot of my cycling but the difference is the rewards from keeping it up pay off on the days when I DO go out because I damn well want to!

Andy-R

Since I came back from Greece a week ago? Low, to say the least. But I’ve got a couple of nice bikes to ride so I should just get on with it. That, and trail building/maintenance.

benp1

Cycle commuter here, I have other options but cycling is the best way. Been feeling rough this week, lurgy is going around the office. Wierdly cycling doesn’t make me feel rough, although I’m probably slower than usual.

86 miles so far this week, still have to cycle home

If you assume that commuting doesn’t count as fun mileage, even though I like it, then I’m doing less than 30 miles of fun mileage a month I reckon…!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Hows your motivation?’ is closed to new replies.