Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How’s your luck! (bike part woes)
  • Premier Icon mrdobermann
    Free Member

I seem to be going through a period of expensive breakages and bad luck. I’ve had four rear mechs damaged beyond repair because of trail debris. A Hans Dampf two rides old **** by a big shard of glass on the return home, A Nobby Nic again two rides old picked up a 80mm dry lining screw, in through the top out the side wall. New GX drive train killed over winter (possibly my fault too lol) three DUB bb’s, they are total pants over winter. Crank shaft wrecked by one of the bb’s. In the case of the drivetrain it was a very grotty winter and a little more tlc from me wouldn’t have gone a miss. Oh and totally wrecked free hub body on a pro 4… So how’s it going for everyone else?

Premier Icon nixie

Car tyre mushrooms would probably fix those tyres.

Premier Icon Keando
    Free Member

Cracking the carbon frame whilst removing the upper bolt from the rear shock…

Premier Icon kelvin

Is it time for winter singlespeeds to make a come back? Not carbon, obvs.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Maxxis and shimano would have been a pre emptive strike against your problems OP

Premier Icon ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Great, trouble free cycling involves Shimano and Maxxis. Swear by both.

Premier Icon mrdobermann
    Free Member

Keando That sounds heart breaking

Premier Icon doomanic
    Free Member

I’ve had Magic Marys last longer than a DHR2. Admiddedly, the Mary had almost no side lugs by the time it wouldn’t stay up bit it seemed to resist rock slices far better than the DHR2. Which didn’t. 🙁

Premier Icon mrdobermann
    Free Member

Howsyourdad, no tyre brand would of withstood the shard of glass. deep down I know shimano is more robust but caught up in sram eco system.

Premier Icon DezB
    Free Member

Used to ride in all weathers all year round, used to go through drivetrains, headsets, bbs. Hardly bother with winter riding anymore, it’s not really fun anyway and it saves all my money for nice bits that I want to buy 😀

I did actually get rained on and have to wash my bike today. That was bloody bad luck.

Premier Icon Keando
    Free Member

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Keando That sounds heart breaking

It was/is. Started looking at getting it repaired but have been offered a new front end. Thank you Jungle Products / Santa Cruz.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Free Member

I’m more nervy about stuff now because ****ing stupid Brexit is making stuff more difficult/expensive to get hold of.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.