• This topic has 25 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dpfr.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How's your day going?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Mine’s going GREAT

New born bub (Erin) sleeping great, feeding great, 95th percentile. Mum’s boobies a bit sore from feeding so the community midwife said she should express and gave us a wee feeding tube so she can express and I can feed her but putting my finger in her mouth and the tube. It’s amazing. Our last kid was not interested at all in bottled expressed milk and we don’t want her to get used to bottle feeding as when my wife’s healed a bit apparently they don’t like the boob so much as bottle is so easy to draw from.

Mom’s gone out to register her and get a birth cert. Erin’s just had a change and a feed from me and now snoozing in the basonette.

And I’m not back at work until October.

Fabulous.

weeksy

in work, had shredded wheat with raspberries… coffee, pizza for lunch… debating a Giant XTC29 composite…

could be worse.

taffy
    Free Member

Congrats there 😀

mins lovely up early nice 2 hour ride even let out acrtoss the road by a driver back big mug of te anad a bannana.

good but not quite as good as youre Aphex_2k

Pigface
    Free Member

Looking at redundancies in the next few months but the sun is shining I am healthy so not much to complain about really.

MoreCashThanDash

Not as good as yours, but my commute was held up by a Belgian ladies hockey team out for a 7.30 run this morning 8)

gazza100

2 week break from work do swithering about going a run on the road bike. Put a deposit down on a cannondale supersix which I’m collecting on Wednesday but not sure if I’ve done the right thing. The day ahead is likely to be somewhat mixed as the ex returns from holiday with my son so I’ll see him but my dad has a hospital appointment which the family are worried about. **** it, I’m going out on the bike for a couple of hours.

loddrik
    Free Member

Woke up at 8.15, just about to take girls to school. Will watch Jeremy Kyle then pop out of a couple hour ride then sit in garden til girls finish school. Will make a stir fry for dinner tonight.

A nice stress free life just like I like it. *

(* though wife is working from home today so there is a good chance I’ll be mithered to look for a job. I do point out that if I had a full time job, who would pick the girls up and have dinner cooked and house tidied for when she gets in from work? It’s worked for the last couple of years but I think it’s wearing thin now…)

noteeth
    Free Member

Nice, congrats on the new ‘un. 😀

I have a day off, and the sun is shining… but I’ve a whole bunch of stuff to sort out & organise.

I’ll be riding in the woods at the witching hour, though.

BillMC

Out of the house at 7 to load car with rubble for the tip (life’s complicated by living straight onto a park with no road). Coffee and breakfast smoothie, back to bed with paper. Sun on legs through opened windows, mrs up and about. Take rubbish to tip later, maybe lunch out, morris dancing tonight. I love not going to work.

MussEd
    Free Member

Shite. Hungover, the World Cup has finished and I’ve just remembered the Tour is on a rest day.

thepurist

It’s my last day of unemployment before starting a new job tomorrow. Just under 11 years since I last had a regular salary. So it’s a busy day but one to savour.

samuri
    Free Member

Congrats on the baby.

Mine could be better on account of 4 people nearly killing me on the way into work. If you can’t see because the sun is in your eyes, why the hell are you pulling out!!! I thought that once I’d got to work things would be better but no, as I make the turn into our site, some bellend overtakes actually as we’re going through the junction. What a numbskull.

Been off site for two days so I’ve got over 400 emails to deal with, I’m hiring three people at the moment and I hate interviewing.

Apart from that, great!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lying in bed with tea and iPad. Up soon, shower and cycle into work for 12. Uncertain whether to take the hybrid and do a short ride or take the Trigger and head up the Ridgway.

martinhutch

Shite. Hungover, the World Cup has finished and I’ve just remembered the Tour is on a rest day.

Cheer up, MussEd!

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2014/us/stage-10.html

MussEd
    Free Member

Vive la France!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mrs blobby woke me up at 5 and handed over our 5 month old girl who’d been up several times in the night. Our boy, 2, woke up at 6, nice to have a bit of quality time with them both though. Now knackered and trying to get motivated to do a days work, have several tedious documents to review, feeling like a very long day already. Though I have just made an espresso and am looking forward to following a good stage of the Tour later though 🙂

tonyg2003

Normally would be a rest day at the TdF but today’s Bastille day. So working from home watching French cyclists tear themselves inside out to win a stage on their national holiday, whilst another French team tear themselves inside out to keep their guy in yellow and the big hitters go for the final climb. Plus a little lunchtime ride……. excellent!

scotroutes

Just back from 25 miles round Rothiemurchus Forest, so it doesn’t get much better.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Just flown in from the US, landed at 7.30 & at my desk at work by 9.30, body thinks its 3am, fully red bulled up with match sticks holding my eyelids open…

martinhutch

Lad sort of ill, home from school. Sunny out, bike in garage…

rocketman
    Free Member

It’s started off OK I commuted in on the R1 and after breezing past a bus/lorry mobile traffic jam combo on the outskirts of Wolverhampton I picked up a Peugeot plod car of some description and had to ride at 39.5 mph along a deserted suburban dual carriageway with him behind me. I wish at times like this they’d just **** off it’s so personal when there’s just the two of you 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

My day is pretty bloody good. Girlfriend is at interviews today which is exciting.

More importantly (only joking love) it’s noe day closer to CCDB inline arrival day 😀

Oh, and I watched the Lego movie at the weekend so EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

ourmaninthenorth

First day in new job (same company). Completely outside comfort zone. Love it.

HansRey

first day back after trip home to see friends/family. It’s sad to leave them behind.

Thankfully, i’m leaving on friday to go to the US for a few weeks for a company visit and a couple of conferences. It’s a good chance to see what american employers are looking for in their staff. Which is grand!

DezB
    Free Member

It was quite boring until STW entertained me!

dpfr

“Working at home” today, which has so far involved two hours on the bike in wonderful sunshine but sadly now actually involves getting on with what I am paid to do.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How's your day going?’ is closed to new replies.