Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How's Darwen at the moment?
  • crispo
    Free Member

Thinking we might head up to the tower and around the moors tonight for a few hours as its been reasonably dry so hoping its in good nick.

Anyone been up recently to confirm this?

Ta

binners

Everythings been frozen solid out on the moors for the last week or so. perfect conditions! better than about this time last yer, I reckon. Might head out for a quick blat myself tonight

MadBillMcMad

perfect conditions – dry & fast

MrSparkle

Not much to add to that except that I had a fell race on Friday night which took in the perennially muddy stretch from Finger Post to behind Lords Hall. Everybody came back clean! http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/mr-sparkles-dark-un-2013

crispo
    Free Member

Excellent, role on the end of the day and a nice bike ride! Hoping to be quick enough to get up there whilst the sun is just setting.

MrSparkle
    ormondroyd
    Free Member

Evolving

Cougar

Evolving

Unlikely. You need variation in the gene pool for that.

crispo
    Free Member

I did smell some smokeyness on the way from the the tower over to Cartridge hill!

Good ride though, started at Abbey Village, up to the tower, over to cartridge hill (which they’ve done some work on the track down and made it a bit sanitised) then a bit of stuff along the witton weavers way and round the reservoirs. Lots of riders out, lights all over the moors!

MadBillMcMad

That descent of cartridge Hill (Lion’s Den to me) is unbelievably crap in the wet at the moment & a real boneshaker in the dry.

Have they finished or just given up cos of the cold ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How's Darwen at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.