Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How wide does it need to be to keep the mrs. happy?
  • mtbfix

Herself’s new bike has 690mm bars that she finds to be too wide. What is the preferred bar width for the girls of STW? XC duties btw.

njee20
    Free Member

Ask her? 🙄

emanuel
    Free Member

depends on how big she is.
    5 foot not much lasses I knew biblically were comfortable with 520-580.

beanieripper
    Free Member

move the controls/grips in until shes comfy, apply hacksaw.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

725 mm on all mine

mamadirt
    Free Member

650 on the Blood and BMX (any wider and I can’t get through the anti-motorcycle gates on the canal route to Cwmcarn 😆 ). 590 on the XC bike.

legend
    Free Member

Mrs Legend has 740mm on the DH bike and, current, 695mm on the XC/AM/whatever bike (but this will be getting wider very soon)

matt_outandabout

<——this——> (Easton 550mm here for mrs_oab, clearly not size that is required…)

Trekster

Get some lock-on grips, move everything inwards in small increments until she is comfortable 💡
    What width were her old bars, if any ❓
    Gone wider recently and still not convinced ❗ In amongst the trees I am bashing the bar ends and pinky ❗ Having to alter my normal lines through various sections and being put offline for the same reason 😕 Does become frustrating occasionally 🙄

mtbfix

Her Juliana has 630s on it and I guess that is probably a fair start. Present new bars on the 29er also suffer from a paltry 5 degree bend which is probably not helping any.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The right width don’t you know what that is. (cuts bars) I think they were better before you did that….

Go to shed make sawing noises come back (bike unchanged) and see what she thinks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How wide does it need to be to keep the mrs. happy?’ is closed to new replies.