Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • How wide are your bars?
  • Dan1502
    Free Member

750 Havoc’s for me and I’ve put a 70mm stem on (down from 90mm). I’m 6’3 and reasonably broad. Early days yet but I bought them having had a quick try of Ed Oxley’s bike with 780’s on. Initial impression is good.

curlie467
    Free Member

I had about 600mm on the bike but didnt like the shape, i initially wanted some around 680mm but being a stingy bugger just had to wait to see what turned up 2nd hand.
    I have ended up with 700mm wide and they are great but even that wide i thrash them on trees occasionally.

Bregante

Feeling “under endowed” at a measly 711 here. Still, I suppose it’s what you do with them that counts 🙂

franki
    Free Member

26″ is spot on for me. I tried a bit wider, but although it was good for descending it felt horrible climbing.

thomthumb
    Free Member

711 (spinal tap style 710!!) on the SS 17° salsa jobbies
    750 on the HT but i’m going to try my 685s again. Love the wide bar but i think i’ve shortened the cockpit too much.

clubber
    Free Member

685 flats with bar ends on – that’s plenty wide enough – can’t stand the feel of wider bars.

ash.addy
    Free Member

renthal 750 on both my bottlerocket and evil sovereign and 685 on my SS

stumpy01

710 KCNC low risers on the Stumpy FSR. Only recently bought them and still waiting a while before I decide to cut them down or not. They feel fine, but perhaps a smidge wide.

Not sure how wide the bars on the Inbred are. I had Sunline V3’s which are 710mm but they were too wide when I’m using it on the road. I went back to the RF Deus I had on originally and they are cut down a bit – probably about 650mm & suit the bike well.

rusty90
    Free Member

560 scandiums on my carbon fitness compensator, which feel much better to me than the 660s they replaced. But then I’m an ex roadie and spent most of my life on 42cm drops.

scruff
    Free Member

720 lowrise on the HT, 750 on the DH. Funny thing is wider, lower bars and shorter stem on the HT made it turn better, decend better and actually climb better, alot to do with lower Centre of Gravity I guess.

I’m 6ft and can carry a 12inch dia 8ft log on each shoulder for 0.5km in 4 minutes. I also wrestle with grizzly bears and eat broken glass.

onewheelgood

600mm KCNC flats with bar ends

Bagstard
    Free Member

745mm on mountain bike, 711 on commuter. Anything narrower feels twitchy.

carlos
    Free Member

710mm on the Mtb, feels spot on for moi

ART

710mm and I’m a reasonably diddy 5’4″, have been gradually widening over the last few years … am thinking a wee bit wider and then I’ll be done. 😉

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Recently went from 685 to 760 Nukeproofs. Much better for me, downhill especially.

neninja
    Free Member

Have gone progressively wider over the past year

610mm > 685mm > 710mm

710mm feels spot on but get scarily close to trees on occasions. They also won’t fit through the anti-motorbike bridleway narrow gates round here, like this one.

GW
    Free Member

numbers… numbers… need MOAR nuuuuummmmbersss ! !

the OP made his choice and purchased new bars half way through the last page. (not that any of you will read this post either 😉 )

Good to see STW is still ranking nice and high on the Autistic scale!

xiphon
    Free Member

Patriot – 710/50 rise.
    222 – 780/0 rise.

chakaping
    Free Member

710 on hardtail
    725 on trail FS
    745 on big bike

perfectly happy with all three

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘How wide are your bars?’ is closed to new replies.