Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How warm in use are the POC Trabec or Giro Feature?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

Looking at new helmets but wondered if anyone could advise on how warm these helmets are in use.

Anyone got any thoughts?

chiefgrooveguru

Just got a Giro Feature – amazed to find it’s cooler than my 3 year old £30 Giro XC helmet.

steezysix
    Free Member

Got a Feature as well, don’t find it any warmer than my old Hex.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had a Feature for a while now. The venting is not too bad imo for a helmet of this type certainly better that an conventional pp. It’s not breezy like an XC helmet but there is a definite flow of air through the helmet when moving.

The lining is vertical so that there’s no ‘sweat gutter’ along the forehead and the pads are fairly minimalist so there’s not a lot of material in contact with the head.

Feature is not heavy and in the current temperatures aka meh I don’t find it obtrusive at all the all-over fit feels very good

Only let down is the cheap straps which don’t have any under-ear adjustment

matthew_h
    Free Member

Cool, that all sounds encouraging. I had a Giro Semi MX years ago and it was the best helmet I’ve used but is now way past its best and the Feature looks like a good replacement. The Semi was fairly warm though.

chiefgrooveguru

The yellow one is so bright that it saved me a penalty on Sunday’s enduro race when a teammate spotted a luminous flash whizzing through the trees in the wrong direction.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I rode in close to 30 degrees with the Trabac, black for extra heat absorption this past weekend (clearly not in the UK). The helmet itself didn’t seem to cause any particular overheating. It was fine last night on a regular UK ride in fairly warm temperatures.

FWIW I was looking at an Urge Enduro-matic too and I thought the POC might be a bit cooler.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Been wearing a trabec in 30C+ here in the Basque mountains for the past month or so. No hotter than my previous regular shaped helmet and I´ve no problem with looking like a mushroom 😉
    I tried an Enduro-matic in the shop but the tiny vents put me off.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’d say @sunnrider’s is a pretty definitive test.

footflaps

Giro Feature is noticeably warmer than a my MET Stradivarius (high end road lid).

crftom
    Free Member

POC Trabec all the way great helmet awesome styling and a great price from herePOC TRABEC

matthew_h
    Free Member

Cool, looks like either should be ok. I know the POC fits me but yet to find a Feature in Large to try. Once I’ve managed that then I can make my mind up.

Cheers all

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How warm in use are the POC Trabec or Giro Feature?’ is closed to new replies.