Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Updated: New Start time – How To Watch Red Bull Rampage
  • weeksy

Some of the other vids I watched showed massive areas of this.

But that’s because they’ve got to ‘trick’ things… if it were just “ride to the bottom” then they wouldn’t need 90% of the extra bits build… but to do gaps, jumps, drops, tricks, you need certain run-in features.

Northwind

“Man made” doesn’t generally mean man made though, for mountain bikers, it means something complicated. Sweeping off a line and removing wee hazards is man-made but people don’t think of it like that, or old walker’s paths. But big stacks of sandbags for a jump, definitely manmade.

The problem I have with the big built features is that as soon as they exist, it’s a trick contest, Gee Atherton could place second not so long ago with a ridiculous technical line and speed, now he’d get 50 points. And that’s fine, it’s just not the bit I loved most of rampage, you can do a big jump anywhere but those ridiculous “this is just a cliff with a skid down it” lines were so special. There’s still a good bit of that of course but you can’t win it without a bag of tricks and a line that can use them.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.