Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How to use the classifieds…. Am I being stupid?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Wanting to search for a kids bike as my nephew is outgrowing his V Early Rider 16″ and his birthday is next month.

Can’t seem to get any search results to come up when entering “kid”.

What am I doing wrong?

john_l
    Free Member

What am I doing wrong?

Using the search function. It doesn’t really work. Try a Google search instead, or trawl through.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Are you handy with a spanner?

IB Beinn small. NotVGC. Manchester. £WhatchaGot?

Tracey

Worth while keeping a check on this as well

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?category=4

alpin
    Free Member

@generalist have any pics? I’m handy, my brother-in-law less so. He’s OK with a spray cam, mind.

@Tracey
    cheers, will do.

nbt

as above, search doesn’t work. the top ad is a cervelo, but search for cervelo brings up nothing. shop elsewhere 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

FM…. That pink bike site is crazy. Can you search by country? 4 pages in and only US and Canada…

the-muffin-man

It’s ruddy useless and I honestly can’t see why they persist with it – it can be barely generating any revenue compared to the page hits they used to get.

It used to be great and my first port of call for selling stuff. It’s not even an option I’d consider now.

Tracey

The link on Pinkbike I sent comes up for Europe, you can then drill down in the search engine to Country and then to brand and model if needed. You may need to be registered to get that far.

nbt

Can you search by country?

country filters on the left hand side on a desktop pc

scruff9252

The search function on Facebook works well & there will be a local to you facebook group selling bikes. Use that.

alpin
    Free Member

country filters on the left hand side on a desktop pc

Aha… On the phone. Will fire up the computer later. Cheers!

nbt

they’ll probalby be there on a phone somewhere – is there a three-bar “burger” menu or am ellipsis (three dots) “more” menu perhaps?

checking on my phone there’s a grey bar that says “europe [Change]” towards the top of the page – but on the deskopt you can even do location search with a radius “near me” so much more powerful

alpin
    Free Member

Cheers!

All kids bikes were in the UK anyhow…. 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How to use the classifieds…. Am I being stupid?’ is closed to new replies.