Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • How to stop yourself eating absolutely everything in sight, then some more?
  • binners

Righty ho…. I’ve packed in smoking. Again. So far, so predictable. Haven’t we been here before? Yes we have. Often.

It seems to be going pretty well so far. Early days yet, but despite having the e-cig on standby, I found that I’m not reaching for it anywhere near as often as I thought I would be. I really do want to knock it on the head this time.

However… isn’t there always a ‘however’….. when I’ve jacked in in the past my appetite has increased, and I’ve ended up grazing during the day. A lot. Which I’m guilty of anyway. If you saw my sleek, svelte form, you’d find that difficult to believe, but I’ts true.

But this time…. this time… sweet baby jesus and the orphans… I’m just permanently bloody starving!!! This is the most accurate depiction of the present state of my appetite….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92hFmIDuc[/video]

At the moment I’m filling the hole with a multipack of mini cheddars. And while thats all very nice – you can never have too many mini cheddars, after all – Its not sustainable unless I want to end up the size of Mr Creasote.

Any pointers then, to stop me nipping out at lunchtime and ram-raiding Greggs, then eating 15 packets of Monster Munch?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Have you tried putting all your food on a slate? Seems to put a lot of people off.

wwaswas

I can avoid food all day if I put an apple on my desk and say ‘that’s the next thing I’m going to eat’.

hels
    Free Member

Raw carrots. Then you can get that Freudian oral fix you used to get form smoking, too.

binners

I’m afraid I’m never going to convince my brain or stomach of that. They know me, and therefore know how laughably implausible the apple ruse is.

scaled
    Free Member

Just eat!

Christ, only an idiot would try and deal with more than once vice at a time 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Graze-ing during the day? Free box: PALH4GL, they do some nice stuff, honest!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Chewing tobacco?

nemesis
    Free Member

Standard answer is to focus on the goal – be that the super-svelte, healthy binners or whatever rather than the here and now.

You’ll eat if you’re not that bothered about the consequence, you won’t if you actually care about achieving it.

For me, I find an event to enter and I know how much I’ll hate it if I’m not fit and not excessively lardy.

hels
    Free Member

The first time I gave up smoking in my 20s, I drank loads of coffee instead. So I was irritable AND hyperactive, and frankly started hallucinating at one point. But I was regular. (another plus point for the carrots)

So I don’t recommend you replace fags with coffee.

fasthaggis

Oatcakes and water ( I know that sounds like gruel,but it’s not).
    Boring but effective.

Xylene
    Free Member

Amphetamine – stops you wanting to eat everything, and makes the day go faster too.

Caution: I am not a Dr. or expert in stopping smoking.

hels
    Free Member

P.S and good luck. Took me a number of attempts to quit, and my dad died of lung cancer, which spurred the first attempt. Still have the odd cheeky fag. You have to want to quit, it is a cliché for a reason.

Good luck. One day at a time etc etc.

IHN

Heroin? Junkies are always skinny.

scruff9252

When I stopped smoking I kept a Tupperware tub of chopped fruit; loads of banana, orange’s, pineapples etc on my desk. I went through a 2l soup tub of fruit a day. Cost a lot, but saw it as an investment. Also ate loads of nuts (not kp salted type!) Almonds mainly. I Never took cash to work so I coulndt buy sweets, bacon rolls etc.

Good luck, its not easy but gets easier. Ultimately it’s worth it.

verses

jambalaya
    Free Member

Drink lots of water, that fills you up.

Admitedly I am typing this at my desk with a nice chicken curry and rice in front of me (not so bad) and a packet of salt n’ vinegar for later 😳

EDIT

Carrots would clearly be better

You asked for a Greggs voucher (Man U bet) perhaps I should exchange that for something more suitable …

Harry_the_Spider

Leave your “Sweetie Money” in the car. Works for me.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Take no money to work and have no ‘nice stuff’ (i.e. junk food) at home.

project
    Free Member

get somebody to refuse you any pudding……..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Drink more water. If you feel hungry have a glass of water.
    I call it the water diet. PayPal me some money and I’ll do you a personal water diet plan.

66deg
    Free Member

Problem solved.

66deg
    Free Member

If it does’t work try this,could also open some doors.

molgrips
    Free Member

You know the answer.

kayak23

That stuff you get to paint on your nails to stop you chewing them, paint that all over your food.

footflaps

That hood would be too hot this time of year, how about one of these:

Junkyard
    Free Member

MTFU Princess

I drank loads and loads of brews as i did not want to put on weight
    It may be a case of just an accept it for a very short period though Quirells sounds like the most fun way

66deg
    Free Member

Fair point footflaps although you would have to steer clear of snooker halls.

edhornby

carrots are a good idea

consider something with protein, keeps you fuller for longer – but healthy stuff like grilled chicken cut into strips, one carrot one chicken

no, not a pie !!! 😀

good luck

MoreCashThanDash

Why would I want to?

flashpaul
    Free Member

extra strong mints did it for me
    After half a packet you don’t want anything else for a while

Jerome
    Free Member

Raw carrots.
    Plain Ryvita
    works for me when I was working from home for years..

fasthaggis

A bit OTT,but hey,needs must.

Xylene
    Free Member

Eat dry pudding rice, then drink warm water, that will fill you up.

repeat whenever you feel hungry.

lunge

Just don’t have it in the house/office is the only solution I have. If there is crap there, I will eat it, so I just don’t buy it now.

GregMay
    Free Member

Develop some self control.

As a previous fattie it’s pretty much all you can do. It sucks, but you need to break the cycle of putting cake in the cake hole.

binners

Develop some self control.

Erm… yeah… I’m a few days into packing in smoking. My very limited self control is a bit busy right now

Xylene
    Free Member

Eat toilet paper, it works for anorexics.

dantsw13

Maybe try using mfp, set a calorie target (not a tiny diet target, just something to stop you eating your body weight in shite). Just the process of thinking what you are picking up will add a little control.

If you are exercising, 2500Kcal should be ok.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m afraid I’m never going to convince my brain or stomach of that

tell yourself when you’re hungry that this is the sensation I get when I’m losing weight. it’s my body telling me that I’m burning fat.

similar to.. when you can feel the sun on your face you think to yourself ‘I’m getting a tan’ not ‘I’m damaging my skin cells beyond repair leading to premature aging’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘How to stop yourself eating absolutely everything in sight, then some more?’ is closed to new replies.