Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)
  • How to sort this one out?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

On this thread I feel love is being confused with lust, addiction, emotional dependance, dispair, loneliness… .

Not got enough evidence for that, have we?

If she expresses doubt, don’t bother.

Jesus.. what a crazy world you must live in!

You got any Awesome you can lend me molly?

If she’s the right girl then you’ll be plenty awesome enough! By definition, in fact.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

druidh – Member

So – she invents another relationship (which is why none of her friends know about it) and is “too busy” to see you.

I had exactly the same suspicion. A woman who has such a deep secret that she won’t share with any of her mates, but will willingly and without any hesitation share with some bloke which she hardly knows, and therefore presumably not in a position to entirely trust, just doesn’t ring true to me.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think she’s playing you, and probably stringing along a load of other guys as well as you. Doubt she is genuine.

Edukator
    Free Member

I can’t see a thread with my name on it and can’t see any posts from a member called Jesus either. As the temperature has dropped below 30 a walk rather than trying to work it all out is in order.

So far being aware of the level of enthusiasm/commitment of others has kept my world pleasantly uncrazy. One-sided relationships might work, but not for very long. Go in equal or don’t bother.

mboy
    Free Member

I had exactly the same suspicion. A woman who has such a deep secret that she won’t share with any of her mates, but will willingly and without any hesitation share with some bloke which she hardly knows, and therefore presumably not in a position to entirely trust, just doesn’t ring true to me.

Much as I’m sure I’ve been fobbed off for similar reasons in the past, definitely wouldn’t ring true here. Just too many conflicting issues. She definitely likes me, that much is obvious, and that’s like as in more than just suitable for a quickie…

I think she’s playing you, and probably stringing along a load of other guys as well as you. Doubt she is genuine.

Already pulled this one on her, made a joke out of it. Underneath her outwardly outgoing and confident persona, she’s very shy. From speaking to her, her ex BF cut her up in a bad way, and she’s only been near a couple of men since. I’d have been warned if she was a man-eater by my housemate anyway.

molgrips
    Free Member

The thing is, none of us were there so we really don’t know. I think that we are projecting our own tendencies onto this woman, who may not even exist for all we know.

I’m a romantic, hence I imagine a trustworthy girl who is crying out for a good man…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Already pulled this one on her, made a joke out of it. Underneath her outwardly outgoing and confident persona, she’s very shy. From speaking to her, her ex BF cut her up in a bad way, and she’s only been near a couple of men since. I’d have been warned if she was a man-eater by my housemate anyway.

Fair enough, but at the moment your playing second fiddle to a married man, if she really likes you then she should be willing to give you a chance, if she were to end it with married guy, wouldn’t give her an ultimatum though, just say you would like to take the relationship further and see what she says. (I’ve not read the whole thread so don’t know the full story.

molgrips
    Free Member

Quite surprised how little some of the men on this thread seem to know about women tbh!

mboy
    Free Member

Face it molly, we all know F all! Any man that thinks he’s cracked it with women, well… That’s recipe for egg on the face very soon!

Fair enough, but at the moment your playing second fiddle to a married man, if she really likes you then she should be willing to give you a chance, if she were to end it with married guy, wouldn’t give her an ultimatum though, just say you would like to take the relationship further and see what she says. (I’ve not read the whole thread so don’t know the full story.

Yeah, think you’re right, and we’ll see… I will be nothing but as charming as I can be, whilst also giving her time and space. Make her want me!

molgrips
    Free Member

I know a bit more than f all, which is why you should listen to me 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Quite surprising how some men think they know about women 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Out of interest… how would guys on here let down a girl who they liked, but not in that way?

How would you do it to let her retain her dignity if you felt she was vulnerable?

Not saying that’s the case here BTW.

Edukator
    Free Member

It would be nice to take a time machine 20 years into the future to ask you how much you yourself knew about women 20 years ago, Molgrips. I suggest any man claimning to know more than very little about women is deluded. Knowing their effect on yourself is perhaps more important.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i think the solution TSY is to shag her mate and tell her she is ugly.

i dont go for this women are unknowable stuff its relationships that re hard whatever your gender and in that respect I agree we may all know the sum total of f all. When it works its easy when its going wrong nothing you can do will save it.

Edukator
    Free Member

In answer to TSY. Behave totally unresaonably for a couple of months being an utter loser and lousy in bed, then walk out in a hissy fit having provoked an argument in which she was right and held the moral high ground.

cynic-al
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Quite surprising how some men think they know about women

often internet dwellers, too!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just tell her there’s plenty more fish in the sea and she should shag around a bit and have some fun. Then offer your shoulder to cry on.

Woody
    Free Member

I think in her own mind she knows that if any of her mates found out about the married bloke, they’d give her a real roasting.

Especially if it happens to be the husband of one of them! Either that or she is very good at keeping secrets.

She does sound nice though mboy and it is very attractive to be ‘pursued’ but at the end of the day it’s a balance between risk and possible reward.

FWIW my little ‘dilemma’ from a few months ago is going rather well and I had quite a few changes of heart before finally taking the plunge.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has FatSimon posted on this thread yet?

🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

From speaking to her, her ex BF cut her up in a bad way, and she’s only been near a couple of men since.

Well I would give that one fairly low marks for lack of originality. I’m fairly sure I’ve used it myself. As did Tony Curtis when he tries to pull Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot.

molgrips
    Free Member

It would be nice to take a time machine 20 years into the future to ask you how much you yourself knew about women 20 years ago, Molgrips

I knew naff all 20 years ago since I was 16, and I was well aware.

However I have come to be quite good at understanding people of either gender, and I tend to pay special attention to women to whom I attracted.

So I don’t know about all women, just some, but I have a reasonable track record in being nice and understanding.

Well I would give that one fairly low marks for lack of originality. I’m fairly sure I’ve used it myself

Ah, so it’s definitely not true then.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so it’s definitely not true then.

I am sure she is honesty personified.

Except when she’s shagging that married geezer and lying to her friends about what she’s been doing, obviously.

But hey, that’s hardly an example of a big lie.

Well it is actually…….but you know what I mean.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow, great italicisation there, potential SFB award winner!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thank you. I do try my best. So it’s always nice when my efforts are recognised 8)

BTW, on another thread I’ve just used italics and bold, liberally, at the same time !

Have a look and tell me what you think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Except when she’s shagging that married geezer and lying to her friends about what she’s been doing, obviously

Has she lied to anyone? Her friends don’t know, but did they ask?

Lots of stuff being invented on this thread.

PS it’s not lying that’s bad necessarily, it’s the motivation behind it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Good point. I can’t imagine her lying. And if she has lied, it was probably for excellent motives.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wtf?

She may be lying through her teeth, of course.

But she may not be. We don’t know yet.

Is this not all really obvious?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I shall try the defence of saying you never asked if I am ever found out having an affair – I am sure my lack of deceit will be accepted by my partner and everyone else who did not know.
    Sometimes i really dont know what point you are trying to make.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sometimes i really dont know what point you are trying to make.

Yeah and it shows. You could ask for clarification if you are interested.

Ernie was saying she’s a bad person because she lied. a) we don’t know she did and b) not everyone who ends up telling a lie is fundamentally a bad person.

There’s a big difference between making a mistake or a series of mistakes, and being a fundamentally unpleasant person.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but we do know she is deceitful so are you not hair splitting a bit?

I agree she may or may not be a bad person.

ok fair point over how to ask , sorry.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie was saying she’s a bad person because she lied.

Was I ? That’s news to me. I don’t know the woman and even if I did, it would very unlikely that I would pass judgement on her.

I take it that you have never been engaged in illicit sex molgrips, and good for you. But perhaps you should know that above all it involves lying, endless and continual lying. That in itself is enough to put me off, never mind all the other considerations.

And yes, perhaps the lady in question has managed to have an affair with a married man which hasn’t involved lying to her friends. Perhaps she never needed to lie when asked “what did you do last night” or “do you fancy going out tonight”, but that would indeed suggest a rather strange relationship with her “friends” and imo be cause for concern in itself.

mboy
    Free Member

Well I’ve just come back from an evening out with 2 friends, one of them my best mate of about 18 years or more. I explained the situation to him thoroughly, and he joked around briefly, but quickly let me know his true feelings on the matter… And not quite what I was expecting! Bear in mind that this guy knows me better than anyone else in the world, and I was full on expecting a “walk away” response from him cos that’s the kind of person he is, he’s MUCH better at self preservation than I am.

Basically, I must attract some REAL nightmares, cos he reckoned on balance she sounded pretty sound, if a little confused, and as she obviously likes me (and isn’t afraid to show it) that I should pretty much relentlessly pursue her, perhaps even with my cock hanging out! 😯

He’s blunt at the best of times… But I think I see what he’s getting at. He did add to make sure I don’t get emotionally involved for as long as is possible, but said that the situation is crying out for a little bit of effort on my part right now to woo her and make her forget about the other guy. And if that works, great, but if it doesn’t, then walk away very quickly after.

Gonna not think about her too much this weekend, spend some time doing other things and riding my bike, then perhaps call her on Monday and arrange something casual. The trick will be that no matter what happens, I MUST NOT get emotionally involved until she is ready to do so. I just have to keep reminding myself that…

Edukator
    Free Member

This thread is the proof you are already emotionally involved.

Pleased to hear things are going well, Woody. It would have been a pity to let hang ups about working together get in the way.

Here, however, it’s another man, who was a good enough shag to have her pining six months on and after whatever you’ve done together. I’d be reluctant to be second best. I don’t claim to know much about women but have noticed that when the Earth really moves for them they’re unlikely to leave you in peace for a whole weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Lets hope that she can spare you a couple of hours next week.

Woody
    Free Member

Gonna not think about her too much this weekend……………I MUST NOT get emotionally involved until she is ready to do so

From what you have been saying, realistically, I think you know that that’s not gonna happen. In fact, Edukator has hit the nail on the head in his first sentence and you yourself wrote

Well… I’m a whole lot more feminine in my approach to relationships

whether that is true for all woman is debatable (I’ve known some very cold scheming women) but all that aside, I think if you do take it further, assuming she is willing to give it a proper try too, then the rewards could be worth it.

If she really hasn’t slept with the married man for 6 months, then a night of passion with a god like MTB stud muffin should finally eradicate him completely from her memory and you could live happily ever after. Good luck 😉

zimbo
    Free Member

Looks to me like you’re in love, so no amount of advice or logic is going to sink too far into your brain. Infatuation’s the best feeling in the world so just get on with it bud! And if it all goes tits up, painful as it is, the ensuing melancholy at least makes you know you’ve lived…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Edukator gets it spot on

This thread is the proof you are already emotionally involved.

you just want the best tactic to win her – No offence buts he is probably a better “game ” player than you and really why play games over your feelings I have never understood this.

when the Earth really moves for them they’re unlikely to leave you in peace for a whole weekend.

she aint that into you tbh but she may well like the attention

Its your call but you should have learnt somemthing about love and relationships by now [ no offenc emeant with that]

Woody
    Free Member

No offence buts he is probably a better “game ” player than you

Not getting your leg over for the past 6 months of an ‘affair’ rather suggests otherwise …….. and surely gives hope to the OP 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Woody – Member
    Not getting your leg over for the past 6 months of an ‘affair’

Says she…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its a typo I meant she is better no the married bloke

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 223 total)

The topic ‘How to sort this one out?’ is closed to new replies.