Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How to sell a bike?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

I know this seems a bit of a noob question, but it’s been a few years since I sold a bike that’s actually worth money. Beyond listing it on here, what are my best options?

Pinkbike? eBay? Will it go for the ‘right’ amount or is there a chance it’ll go for peanuts? Some other forums?
    There’s no particular rush to get rid, should I wait a few months?

I’ll not post a link lest I get accused of trying to blag a sale, but it’s a 26″ nice spec boutique bike that was extremely desirable 2 years ago, and less so with the wheel size bollocks. I’m after £1300.

DT78
    Free Member

Ask Renton on here

richpips
    Free Member

Enough of this sh*t

£1300?

You’ll have to at the very minimum fellate Hora.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😆 @ DT78

bruneep

I’ll not post a link lest I get accused of trying to blag a sale

Nah I’ll just post on other the other forum and do some stealth advertising 🙄

Just spilt it get more more complete bikes not selling

tomhoward

I’ll not post a link lest I get accused of trying to blag a sale, but it’s a 26″ nice spec boutique bike that was extremely desirable 2 years ago, and less so with the wheel size bollocks. I’m after £1300.

Heh.

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh FFS

Superficial
    Free Member

When replying, please imagine I’m not up to speed with all the STW in jokes and adjust your response accordingly.

I don’t understand any of the above.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

When replying, please imagine I’m not up to speed with all the STW in jokes and adjust your response accordingly.

There’s a poster by the name of Renton who keeps on asking for advice on selling his bike. He’s been at it for a while and seemingly thinks he’ll get a different answer each time he asks.

The most obvious answer is stick on ebay with a 99p start, keep it up for a week and you’ll get what the market thinks it’s worth. Other options are split it up and sell the bits individually anywhere you like. More hassle but probably more money.

There’s no particular rush to get rid, should I wait a few months?

Not the best time of year to be selling. Then again, the longer you have it, the older it gets… You can always search completed listings on ebay to get a feel for its real world value.

At £1300 I hope it was worth about £3000 new.

Garry_Lager

Hang onto it for a couple of months at least – as said it’s the worst time of year to be selling. The wallets have taken a pummelling from Christmas and all the part-timers are hibernating in any case. Roll it out early April time.

takisawa2

Chase trails Facebook group often has bikes for sale…

hora
    Free Member

Cut to the chase and save time by adverting it at £750.

Superficial
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice hore but I just got £1150 for it. It was worth more than £1150 🙁

I feel bereft but it’s new bike time so I’m sure a bit of retail therapy will make me feel better.

EDIT: I think that might be some sort of autocorrect phenomenon.

matt_outandabout

It was worth more than £1150

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How to sell a bike?’ is closed to new replies.