Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to see Chile, Argentina and Bolivia in the next three months
  • keppoch

Hello all, currently in South America three weeks into a 3.5 month trip that I have posted about before.

So far we have started in Rio de Janeiro and travelled South to Argentina via Paraguay which has been fantastic.

We are now at something of a decision point at the north of Argentina and not sure what are next move should be as it is likely to define the rest of the trip.

We are planning on visiting Argentina, Chile and Bolivia. Trouble is we are not sure in what order to do it or how.. Loads of variables including weather, busy national parks, transport and bookings. Transport is a major issue, we are not sure whether to use buses, rent a car or even buy one (in Chile) as each has distinct pros and cons.

It’s a wide open question but if anyone has a well informed opinion on which order to move round a huge area it might be incredibly helpful!

We want to avoid just swinging from one town/city to another and see some smaller places, do some big walks and generally get the most out of the time. Clearly planning should have been done before but was impossible due to work situation.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Friend of mine is on a similar trip .. I’ll fire him a facebook message he has been posting some stunning photos .

keppoch

That would be great.

I must apologise for horrific use of ‘are’  rather than ‘our’ I know better and can only blame a small screen and fat fingers 😉

curto80
    Free Member

Where are you now? Salta? Bus north to Tarija over the border. Check out the vineyards and stuff.

stewartc
    Free Member

Surely head down to Patagonia (its summer), all the way down to Terra del Feugo, swing a right in to Chile and then up the spine of Chile to Bolivia (via route 5).

Did the Argentina bit many years ago, lovely place.

cornholio98
    Free Member

The south gets pretty cold by end of April/may time and roads start to close down… I would go south first…

ransos
    Free Member

Patagonia ftw. This is the best time to visit. Walk the Torres del Paine. See the perito moreno. Go to an estancia. It’s lovely!

You can go to Bolivia and Peru afterwards.

tjagain

patagonia first and use public transport.  Buying a car without  chilean passport is possible but a bureaucratic nightmare

dooosuk
    Free Member

We honeymooned in Chile and TdP.  Planes, buses and car hire all excellent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to see Chile, Argentina and Bolivia in the next three months’ is closed to new replies.