Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to scroll to top of page on Android?
  • leffeboy

Is there a fast way to scroll back to the to of a thread here on Android?  There used to be a little arrow but it has gone. I suspect the is a gesture that works but I can’t find it :(.  Anyone know of another way other that manually scrolling all the way up?

nickjb
    Free Member

If it is to go back to the forum menu you can tap the header menus. There is a forum icon (two speech bubbles) in the 6 square menu, or a link to the forum or classifieds in the 3 line menu. Its a bit clunky as you have to remained what’s what and it sometimes disappears off the edge if you zoom.

ads678

Yeah I used to like the back to top arrow, but now I just use the 3 line menu in the banner. Or if it’s only a short thread just drag back to top quickly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sirromj

Two big fast swipes in succession works here. Gets the scrolling momentum built up. Then just sit back for a whole second watching it fly by.

Cougar

That’s all the arrow did anyway.

I’ll log it.

leffeboy

Two big fast swipes in succession works here. Gets the scrolling momentum built up. Then just sit back for a whole second watching it fly by.

That’s what I’m doing at the moment but I miss the little arrow, it worked rather well

I just use the 3 line menu in the banner

That’s not bad, 2 clicks.  The 6 dot/speech bubble way is 3 clicks.

I miss the litte arrow.  Thanks for logging it Cougar

eyestwice
    Free Member

If you’re running MIUI (Xiaomi, maybe Redmi?) you can enable swipe gestures. Then just swipe from the edge to go back, just like in iOS.

Cougar

Request for clarification as I rarely use the mobile view: what’s this for?

Do you want the arrow because you have a burning desire to get to the top of the page, or to get at the menu items? Ie, would a better solution not be to replicate forum links at the bottom of the thread?

If I’m spending any time on the forum I just open threads in new tabs (long-press on mobile) and close them when I’ve done to return to the menu behind. Or just use the browser’s back button from single-page threads.

leffeboy

Ie, would a better solution not be to replicate forum links at the bottom of the thread?

Oh that’s what I would really like.  I don’t know why it was never done that way but that would do it for me

If I’m spending any time on the forum I just open threads in new tabs (long-press on mobile) and close them when I’ve done to return to the menu behind. Or just use the browser’s back button from single-page threads

I use all of these as well.  I really just wanted a nice ‘work flow’ when browsing threads that lets me read a thread and get back to the main forums page to see what else is there.  The forum links at the bottom would rock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to scroll to top of page on Android?’ is closed to new replies.