Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How to remove tyre marks from wall?
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Slow day in the office here and boss is out, so I decided to ride down the stairs.. I’ve been meaning to try it for aages.

While I was successful, I think my boss will notice a couple of tyre marks on the wall from going round the corner.

Tried CIF, didn’t work too well, tried oil.. Any other suggestions?

alfabus
    Free Member

tried oil

😯

crazy-legs

Sugar soap – any hardware store, it’s dead cheap.
    Make up a solution of that and just wash the walls. It’s used for getting rid of grease/tar/oil etc before re-painting but it works on tyre and handlebar scuffs too.

wwaswas

try an eraser.

be careful you don’t make a clean patch – he’ll only wonder what you were cleaning off…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Looks on with interest as I have tyre marks of the headlining of the mothership.

hels
    Free Member

I use motorbike chain cleaner stuff for most household cleaning tasks. Gets oil stains out of cheap nylon carpet perfectly. And bike tire marks off white paintwork (be gentle)

binners

Never mind the tyre marks. Can we all just take a moment to stand and collectively applaud Milkie’s innovative and admirable method employed to deal with ‘bored in the office’ syndrome.

Genius! I salute you Sir!

😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

I came so close to trying that at my last office, I frequently kill quiet days trying to track stand for as long as possible. so many reasons to bike to work

honourablegeorge

Get a few wheelbarrows of dirt, and berm the corner, that’ll cover the tyre marks.

hels
    Free Member

I am leaving my work at the end of next month. It’s a big public building with lots of CCTV inside and out, and I own a pair of roller skates. Sooooooo tempted. Would need somebody to film me tho.

wwaswas

make sure you fire a big bogey at your boss on the way past hels 😉

D0NK

Oooh, narrowish bars, high front end hardtail, shortwheelbase to get around that corner at the bottom. Doable.

Main lift is broken at work so have to wait for the 1 small passenger one which if it has >2 people in I’ll have to wait for it to come back, soooooooo tempting to ride down the 8 flights of (much easier than yours) stairs.

theflatboy
    Free Member

repaint the whole staircase and explain you fancied a change.

chugg08

Sounds daft, but Johnson Baby Wipes. Found out after my wee one decided to do handprints on the wall and carpet after playing with my chain. I paniced and grabbed the first “cleaning” product I could find…it worked well.

It also removes small spillages of red wine from cream carpets.

ski
    Free Member

Baby wipes are worth a go, but might also take the paint off too, so go easy with them.

Speaking from experience(4 flights of office stairs here and loads of tyre scuffs) took me months to do them dab free, even longer to clear the marks of all the walls, great fun though.

Tell your boss to have a go if he kicks off 😉

purser_mark
    Free Member

I take it your Boss is not a mountian biker, so there won’t be any sort of bonus coming your way for being Gnnar to the Max! 8)

_tom_
    Free Member

water on paper towel worked for me when I was moving out of my uni house..

Milkie
    Free Member

The marks now look as though they have been there for years, rather than brand new black marks! 😆

I tried some sugar and soap, not sugar soap, it didn’t work. Also tried Cilit Bang, which seemed to melt the paint a bit, but left the marks more grey than black.

Boss is away end of June, so I might be able to film it. 😉

Here’s the corner at the bottom:

Had to swing the rear wheel round, which hit the wall making tyre marks.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Brilliant! You filmed it yet?

trail_rat
    Free Member

light sand paper

awaits a response saying “i tried sand and paper but not sandpaper”

jonba
    Free Member

Get a cheap eraser for the stationary cupboard. Worked in all the rental houses I ever had.

Milkie
    Free Member

Boss is away the end of next week, so I might get to film it then. 😉

Sand paper for lights!? I didn’t know there was such a thing 😆

Using a rubber/eraser worked the best for removing the tyre marks.. Wall is definately cleaner in that one section now.

timmys

As someone who’s just tarted up their hallway, the correct answer to the original question is indeed sugar soap (not sugar + soap though you numpty)!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

GT85

or a tin of paint

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How to remove tyre marks from wall?’ is closed to new replies.