Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • how to remove tile adhesive from natural stone?
  • sadexpunk

its my bro’s turn this time for a ‘can you ask your singletrack mates…..’ 😉

when he had his fish pond made, the bloke used tile adhesive to stick bits of the surround, and some has seeped onto the patio paving stones and stained them. theyre natural stone pavers and he’d like some advice on how to remove the staining please.

pics can follow if needed but apparently its been raining where he is and he’ll need them to be dry to show this.

anyone got any answers or would you need to see pics?

thanks

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I’d hope he didn’t use tile adhesive (mastic) as it’s not suitable for wet environments.
    Hes more likely used poly/urethane construction adhesive.
    You’ll need to use mineral spirits or similar to soften and mechanically remove. But it’s probably just a glaze of adhesive where he’s wiped up a spill.
    But, scrubbing it out will locally clean the tile, so he’ll probably need to chemical clean and power wash the rest of the patio as well or he’ll be asking how to get rid of the clean spot he’s created

perchypanther
    Free Member

Whatever he uses will, most likely, kill all his fish.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cromolyolly
    Free Member

It’s probably relatively easy to remove the residue with heat, or chemicals the stain is probably forever, unless you chip away the stained bit. Do what I do with chair cushions. Flip the stone over.

slackalice
    Free Member

Try rubbing the affected areas with a piece of similar stone. Although it will depend upon the porosity of the flags as to how much of the stain is removed. This practise works well for cement based products/grout et al on unglazed natural stone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘how to remove tile adhesive from natural stone?’ is closed to new replies.